[KSP1.12.x] RealPlume - Stock v4.0.8 & RealPlume v13.3.2 [25/JUN/2021]

Zorg

9 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

There could be a soundless version or just a config for those who like stock sounds.

Maintaining parallel releases is not feasible for me. RealPlume is complex set of MM configs and I am not inclined to spend the considerable amount of time needed to rework everything to split off the audio into its separate thing especially since this is the only complaint I've had on sound. Most people would consider the KW rocketry sounds (been in realplume for years long before I took over) and near future sounds (which I added for for electric engines) to be a significant improvement over stock.

If you're unhappy with them I would suggest looking into creating a module manager patch for yourself to try and patch it out. You can't expect every mod to cater to every users wants but generally you can customise the game a lot through MM if you are willing to put in a little effort.

5 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

I want to improve my KSP performance. Is ist possible to reduce graphic load from engines fireing? Would this have an impact anyway?

You can open the smokescreen menu either using alt+P (on windows at least, probably option +P on mac) or using the smokescreen button on the toolbar mod.

When the UI is open you can change the figure for maximumActiveParticles. Making it lower will improve performance. However setting it too low will make plumes look ugly. its up to you to find a good balance that works for you.

8 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Just noticed 1.9 that my Nerva engines show constant Plume Ben when off?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please post your moduleManager.configcache file. Its in the gamedata folder. I'll take a look tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Please post your moduleManager.configcache file. Its in the gamedata folder. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Hmmm don't seem to have that file in my GameData folder... just the main MM 4.1.3. dll, MM Physics, and MM Tech Tree files...

I have both Real Plume and Real Plume stock installed BTW...

Thanks!

Edited by Kilo60

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:
7 hours ago, Zorg said:

moduleManager.configcache

Hmmm don't seem to have that file in my GameData folder

It's called GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, just in case it's a matter of proper capitalisation (which it is on non-Windows systems, aka. "the rest of the world" ; ) )

Edited by Corax
I cna speel. Sometimes.

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Hmmm don't seem to have that file in my GameData folder... just the main MM 4.1.3. dll, MM Physics, and MM Tech Tree files...

I have both Real Plume and Real Plume stock installed BTW...

Thanks!

if you don't have a config cache that is likely the result of module manager warnings or errors. the cache will not be built in that that case.

please provide your ModuleManager.log (Kerbal Space Program/Logs/ModuleManager )

ksp log (see how to get it for your game version and OS - (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163863-how-to-get-support/ )

and a screenshot of your gamedata folder, so i can see all  the mods installed

On 4/25/2020 at 11:57 PM, BezKartuza said:

Is it possible to fix it? (in first screenshot)

Hide contents

screenshot2.png

installed mods

If you mean the fact that the background clouds appear lighter because the plume appears in front of it, theres nothing I can do about that. Its just the behaviour of the particle system as far as I know. Sorry.

UPDATE

RealPlume-Stock v4.0.0

New

Update .version file
Update bundled RealPlume to v13.3.0
Update bundled Smokescreen to v2.8.14

Configs for new restock engines (new mainsail, skipper, Making History KE1 Mastodon)
Configs for Commonwealth Rocketry Establishment
Configs for Luciole
Configs for Near Future Aeronautics (Courtesy of @coyotesfrontier )
Configs for RAPIER engine, stock and restock (Courtesy of @Scialytic) - Smokescreen v2.8.14 essential for this
Config for Dart aerospike engine (Courtesy of scialytic)
Configs for Making History LVT-X87, KE-1 Mastodon (Courtesy of Scilaytic)

RealPlume-Stock v4.0.0 Download [Github]

RealPlume v 13.3.0

## New
- New HTP  plume
- New Pentaborane plume
- New Kerolox Lower Aspirated plume
- New Kerolox SL Film Cooled plume (courtesy of @Katniss218)
- New Methalox airbreathing plume for RAPIER etc (courtesy of Scialytic)
- New Aerospike plume (courtesy of Scialytic)
- New Aerozine50 vacuum plume
- 2 new sound effects courtesy of @Beale

## Updates
- Change colour of Alcolox plume
- Fixes for Az50 sea level plume
- Convert all sound files from wav to off (halved the size of the mod!)
- Sea level hydrolox plumes fade from red at sea level to blue in vaccum (Cryogenic_LowerRed_CE & Cryogenic_LowerSSME_CE)
- Additional small shock cones added to Cryogenic_LowerSSME_CE

## Fixes
- Minor float curve fixes
- Add missing textures

RealPlume v13.3.0 Download [Github]

New HTP plume seen on Commonwealth Rocketry Black Arrow rocket.

screenshot1713_-_Copy.png?width=918&heig

Pentaborane plume for those of you who like to live dangerously. Its not applied to anything but its there for anyone to use if they want to make such a config for a green fire breathing engine.

screenshot188.png?width=1477&height=831

Restock version of making history mastodon with new Kerolox Lower Aspirated plume

screenshot217.png?width=717&height=830

New aeropsike plume from Scialytic

mhTCHIc.jpg

New Rapier plumes from Scialytic

iV1sKPi.jpg

New NF Aeronautics configs from Coyotesfrontier

I5LsynG.png

Awesome Realism Overhaul insanity video from Katniss that also features the new KeroloxSL_FilmCooled plume they contributed

Edited by Zorg

50 minutes ago, Hangdog said:

Does the SmokeScreen toolbar button work on the stock toolbar?

Not that I know of. You can bring it up with alt+p (opt+p I guess on mac) if you dont have blizzy's toolbar.

23 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Small bug in the latest version - or perhaps I've got something funky in my Gamedata, who knows - no plume appears in flight on the (Restock version of the) Flea SRB, it seems!

Not happening for me. perhaps you do have something funky in your gamedata

NbmL7J2.png

Only when RealPlume is installed. What's more, I reinstalled it and it didn't appear after reinstallation but reappeared today.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:45 AM, Zorg said:

screenshot1713_-_Copy.png?width=918&heig

What environment mods are there for the trees and the KSC buildings?

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Only when RealPlume is installed. What's more, I reinstalled it and it didn't appear after reinstallation but reappeared today.

Those errors look associated with Jet Sounds Continued. Most likely its compatibility patches with RealPlume. Needs to be diagnosed and fixed on their end.

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

What environment mods are there for the trees and the KSC buildings?

KSC Extended as mentioned above

5 minutes ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Why is there a bunch of lag with this mod installed.

Probably because the plumes that this mod adds are much more detailed than the stock ones, and your GPU is struggling as a result.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to reduce the detail of the plumes, but I can't remember how off the top of my head.

38 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I'm pretty sure there's a way to reduce the detail of the plumes, but I can't remember how off the top of my head.

Open up the SmokeScreen GUI (using Blizzys Toolbar) and you can specify the max amount of particles generated. If you suffer from a lot of performance degredation because of this, try to reduce this value significantly.

hey @Zorg I get over 300 errors for

RealPlume/000_Generic_Plumes/Methalox_AirBreathingMode/@PART[*]:HAS[@PLUME[Methalox_AirBreathingMode]:HAS[~processed[*]]]:AFTER[zRealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] to Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/rapierEngine.cfg/PART[RAPIER]

When AJE is installed. Log file

I'll take this over the AJE thread if it's not RealPlume's patch causing the issue

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

RealPlume/000_Generic_Plumes/Methalox_AirBreathingMode/@PART[*]:HAS[@PLUME[Methalox_AirBreathingMode]:HAS[~processed[*]]]:AFTER[zRealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] to Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/rapierEngine.cfg/PART[RAPIER]

I'll take this over the AJE thread if it's not RealPlume's patch causing the issue

Im not entirely familiar with AJE. However the last update included a fantastic new custom made RealPlume for the RAPIER engine submitted by Scialytic. If there are jet engine mods that have compatibility patches with realplume ( because they are adding sounds or something such as the Jet Sounds Continued issue mentioned a little earlier), those patches would need to update to reference the new rapier plumes for whatever patches they are running on it.

14 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Looking at this again there may be more to it but Im not entirely sure whats going on. Will take a look with fresh eyes tomorrow and try to figure it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.