quick question from a new modeler

Hey guys,
    so im making some new parts and i have a quick question regarding stack nodes...
do i have to place stack nodes in the actual model before exporting it to unity?

secondly do i have to assign a meterial to the mesh collider?

Edited by freakneek
acidently hit the wrong keys before posting

Stack nodes can be done in multiple ways. You can add in your modeling software before exporting to Unity, you can add in Unity or you can add in the config. The config method uses the "node_stack_top =" in the config while the Unity and before method uses the NODE {} method.

As far as the collider is concerned you don't need a material on it and in fact you'll want to remove the mesh nodes after you add the collider in Unity, otherwise the collider will show up in game. But don't remove the collider mesh before adding the Unity collider - Unity uses the mesh to create the collider (in the add mesh collider case).

Edited by wasml

4 hours ago, wasml said:

Stack nodes can be done in multiple ways. You can add in your modeling software before exporting to Unity, you can add in Unity or you can add in the config. The config method uses the "node_stack_top =" in the config while the Unity and before method uses the NODE {} method.

As far as the collider is concerned you don't need a material on it and in fact you'll want to remove the mesh nodes after you add the collider in Unity, otherwise the collider will show up in game. But don't remove the collider mesh before adding the Unity collider - Unity uses the mesh to create the collider (in the add mesh collider case).

Thank you so much! that explains things nicely! i'll keep at it and hopefully start a dev thread for my parts soon! :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.