4 things broke, when added new mods. Need help on how to fix.

Ok so I recently installed many realism mods. I now have 4 issues, on the fuel tank tab, they don't exist/show up, its very hard to switch the part tab, old modded parts now have horrible stats, and there are now many engines I do not know where they are from. I want all of these issues to fixed and anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any more data people need. 

Link to KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QXe3t7nwTcmoMAx9Jtxt8GPAhVfLHCic/view?usp=sharing

Here are the photos of mods. I can't get down a list.

Looking at your logs, you have several mods that don't appear to be updated for KSP 1.7.3., and at least one mod that says it wasn't installed correctly (Principia). Are you installing everything manually? If so, make sure you are using updated mods and have installed all of the dependencies. You obviously can't use CKAN alone, as Principia can't be loaded via CKAN. Your log also indicates that you have the default config for Kerbalism instead of the RO config (although I may have misread that). I also don't see some of the dependencies for RO (like Real Heat).

My recommendation would be to start fresh, install just the RO required mods and dependencies, and see if your problem persists. If it does, then you either have a genuine bug, a misinstalled mod, or an outdated one. If the problem goes away, start installing mods again and see if you can make the problem recur.

Also, if you are installing mods without reading the forum notes for each one, you are buying trouble you don't want. You mention having "many engines" that you don't know where they are from. That is emblematic of not reading up on a mod before adding it. You don't say whether you are new to KSP or a veteran, and I am not going to make any assumptions just because you are relatively new to the forums, but if you are fairly new to this, start with stock and start adding mods slowly. When you are getting into RO, to a lesser extent Kerbalism, and to a greater extent Principia, having a very good idea on how the game works (both from the standpoint of gameplay and of the structure of the game itself) is extremely helpful.

5 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Looking at your logs, you have several mods that don't appear to be updated for KSP 1.7.3., and at least one mod that says it wasn't installed correctly (Principia). Are you installing everything manually? If so, make sure you are using updated mods and have installed all of the dependencies. You obviously can't use CKAN alone, as Principia can't be loaded via CKAN. Your log also indicates that you have the default config for Kerbalism instead of the RO config (although I may have misread that). I also don't see some of the dependencies for RO (like Real Heat).

My recommendation would be to start fresh, install just the RO required mods and dependencies, and see if your problem persists. If it does, then you either have a genuine bug, a misinstalled mod, or an outdated one. If the problem goes away, start installing mods again and see if you can make the problem recur.

Also, if you are installing mods without reading the forum notes for each one, you are buying trouble you don't want. You mention having "many engines" that you don't know where they are from. That is emblematic of not reading up on a mod before adding it. You don't say whether you are new to KSP or a veteran, and I am not going to make any assumptions just because you are relatively new to the forums, but if you are fairly new to this, start with stock and start adding mods slowly. When you are getting into RO, to a lesser extent Kerbalism, and to a greater extent Principia, having a very good idea on how the game works (both from the standpoint of gameplay and of the structure of the game itself) is extremely helpful.

I would say I have a good grasp on the game, I have been playing since November 2018. I will double check all of the RO requirements and I can fix principa. Do you know what I didn't do for Principa?

I don't, but your log indicates errors involving Principia and that it was not loaded:

[ERR 23:08:08.063] Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Principia\x64\libglog.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

That is just one example; there are others.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to be condescending; as I put, one's time on the forums is not necessarily indicative of one's time in game. However, not knowing where parts came from is frequently associated with installing mods without reading what they do (and add). 

Again, my best advice isn't to fix the loading of Principia, but to go backwards and add RO and maybe Kerbalism with the RO (not default) config first. 

Did I also see that you have SVE + RSS? I thought that SVE was for Stock only?  I haven't used it in a while, so I could be wrong.

Finally, some of your problems may be related to hardware limits. You don't talk about your system, but adding SVE + RO + Kerbalism + RSS (etc) requires a lot more computational power to begin with (as compared with stock). Adding Principia will further tax any system. I only mention this because you said it is hard to switch the part tab, which  I take to mean it is slow to respond.

6 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

I don't, but your log indicates errors involving Principia and that it was not loaded:

[ERR 23:08:08.063] Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Principia\x64\libglog.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

That is just one example; there are others.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to be condescending; as I put, one's time on the forums is not necessarily indicative of one's time in game. However, not knowing where parts came from is frequently associated with installing mods without reading what they do (and add). 

Again, my best advice isn't to fix the loading of Principia, but to go backwards and add RO and maybe Kerbalism with the RO (not default) config first. 

Did I also see that you have SVE + RSS? I thought that SVE was for Stock only?  I haven't used it in a while, so I could be wrong.

Finally, some of your problems may be related to hardware limits. You don't talk about your system, but adding SVE + RO + Kerbalism + RSS (etc) requires a lot more computational power to begin with (as compared with stock). Adding Principia will further tax any system. I only mention this because you said it is hard to switch the part tab, which  I take to mean it is slow to respond.

I think my computer is ok, so I think it will run it fine as its not lagging. You are right I didn't read the things so I probably should do that and update my visual mods. I think I figured out the Principia issue. Thanks for the help.

33 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Of course! Good luck and happy explosions!

I tried updated mods said to be old, but it did not work. I still can't select part tabs correctly and if I can get onto the fuel tanks, they don't show up, just showing the old part tab. Any ideas?

Start clean. If you are using Steam, move your entire gamedata folder (except for Squad folders) out of the directory and verify files. Then (assuming all is well), add RO and it's dependencies and check. Since you have issues that may be related to multiple mods, this really is the quickest way to determining your problem.

If you are using a mod manager like CKAN, you can export the list of installed mods to help you remember what you have installed. Keep in mind that CKAN isn't perfect, and you may have conflicts that you'll only know about if you read the forums for all of your installed mods.

When you start re-adding your mods, again, if using CKAN, there is no reason why you can't add 4-6 at a time and test. If you encounter a problem, back up and go one at a time from the last batch of installs. 

There are really only four possibilities for what you are experiencing:

1. Nothing is wrong and everything is working as intended. I doubt this to be true as there is evidence that not all mods were installed or installed correctly, but I include this possibility for convenience.

2. There is an installation issue. A mod has not been installed correctly. This can be difficult to track down, as it may be that something went into the wrong folder or you may be missing the proper config, as appears to be the case with Kerbalism.

3. There is a conflict. One (or more) mods could be incompatible with your chosen install, or incompatible with the current version of KSP. As I noted above, you definitely had some mods that are out-of-date, and I don't know that all of them are compatible with KSP 1.7.3. Also, some of the mods don't work together, or have issues that require intervention: for instance, unless I am incorrect, SVE and RSS don't go together.

4. There is a genuine bug in one of your mods that is causing your problems.

There may be others who can look through your log file and point to one specific culprit, but I am afraid that is not within my skillset. I can see that there are issues with your installed mods, and I can see that some of your installation choices don't necessarily play nice. Hence my advice remains: start over, move slowly. It may take some time and patience, but it will almost definitely identify your problem if not solve it outright.

One last reminder: you can save your entire current KSP install by copying it to another folder and doing your clean sweep and installation tests on one KSP directory while leaving the other intact. That way, if you quickly identify the culprit, you might be able to simply remove it from your real directory and lose nothing but a bit of time.

9 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Start clean. If you are using Steam, move your entire gamedata folder (except for Squad folders) out of the directory and verify files. Then (assuming all is well), add RO and it's dependencies and check. Since you have issues that may be related to multiple mods, this really is the quickest way to determining your problem.

If you are using a mod manager like CKAN, you can export the list of installed mods to help you remember what you have installed. Keep in mind that CKAN isn't perfect, and you may have conflicts that you'll only know about if you read the forums for all of your installed mods.

When you start re-adding your mods, again, if using CKAN, there is no reason why you can't add 4-6 at a time and test. If you encounter a problem, back up and go one at a time from the last batch of installs. 

There are really only four possibilities for what you are experiencing:

1. Nothing is wrong and everything is working as intended. I doubt this to be true as there is evidence that not all mods were installed or installed correctly, but I include this possibility for convenience.

2. There is an installation issue. A mod has not been installed correctly. This can be difficult to track down, as it may be that something went into the wrong folder or you may be missing the proper config, as appears to be the case with Kerbalism.

3. There is a conflict. One (or more) mods could be incompatible with your chosen install, or incompatible with the current version of KSP. As I noted above, you definitely had some mods that are out-of-date, and I don't know that all of them are compatible with KSP 1.7.3. Also, some of the mods don't work together, or have issues that require intervention: for instance, unless I am incorrect, SVE and RSS don't go together.

4. There is a genuine bug in one of your mods that is causing your problems.

There may be others who can look through your log file and point to one specific culprit, but I am afraid that is not within my skillset. I can see that there are issues with your installed mods, and I can see that some of your installation choices don't necessarily play nice. Hence my advice remains: start over, move slowly. It may take some time and patience, but it will almost definitely identify your problem if not solve it outright.

One last reminder: you can save your entire current KSP install by copying it to another folder and doing your clean sweep and installation tests on one KSP directory while leaving the other intact. That way, if you quickly identify the culprit, you might be able to simply remove it from your real directory and lose nothing but a bit of time.

Ok, thank you. I will work on slowly readding all the mods until I find the culprit tomorrow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.