model rockets

I was just checking out BPS space,,,

I was thinking Kerbal Space program could have a model-rocketry section,,, where instead of full blown orbital rockets, you could also play around with ordinary couple dollar model rockets. (sure, you could just buy one, but you could also just play the game).

Might be a nifty little diversion of a mod, but I don't see the point overall though, mod or stock.  What is the difference between a full size rocket and a model rocket in game aside from size?   Ok maybe a bit of complexity....

And while not a KSP thing, this might tickle your fancy in the meantime: http://openrocket.info/

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Might be a nifty little diversion of a mod, but I don't see the point overall though, mod or stock.  What is the difference between a full size rocket and a model rocket in game aside from size?   Ok maybe a bit of complexity....

And while not a KSP thing, this might tickle your fancy in the meantime: http://openrocket.info/

well. One thing is,, you could actually SEE the difference for sure, between a simulated model rocket and a simulated full-size orbital rocket, and since you can SEE real model rockets fairly easily, and most people have, and since you can then also SEE videos of full size orbital rockets,,, more than ever before, it might help you develop your "mental picture" overall. 

also, a lot of people might not be particularly inspired to try modelling an orbital rocket in KSP, because it's a things that's so far away from them, while there MIGHT be a lot of people who have had a bunch of model rocket experiences, and it might be just the thing that makes them want to play with it. Also, ,,, exactly what you say about the complexity. Although it's pretty cool to put together all of those parts,,, a model rocket is only like 1 part. so, you could much more quickly see all the parts of the game,,,, when I first played with KSP,,, it was very confusing. I didn't know how to exit from the different screens, I didn't understand how to interact with all of the buttons, I couldn't even play the game. it would have been nice to have a more gentle introduction,,, it's better for me to play with new games for only a few minutes at a time until I'm actually pretty familiar. Otherwise, I had to wait for a pretty special day where i could take my time and figure everything out. 

I still can't even play the game. 

Yeah KSP could use better tutorials, as it is it does pretty much throw you in the deep end of the pool. "Here, get to orbit, have fun! KTHXBYE"

The good thing is, this place has an immensely helpful Q&A section. If you're stuck or confused about absolutely anything, go ahead and ask, people will point you in the right direction -- if they won't answer the question directly they will tell you where to find the information you're looking for. 

While stock KSP doesn't have much micro parts coverage, you can make very small rockets with the Procedural Parts mod for tanks, SRBs, structure and nosecones. Plus one of the procedural wings forks or tweakscale for tiny fins and other bits and bobs. Normally use this for custom aircraft missiles but that's basically a model rocket anyway. Or you could just tweakscale an entire stock rocket for a true "model" experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.