Kerbal Military

Kerbals always want to go to space. But some Kerbalnoughts come from the Kerbal military. Now the Kerbal military needs new  vehicles, and they called you! Build a contraption for the Kerbal Navy, Air Force or Army! 

Requirements:

Navy: Must float in water, must have a defense or offense system ( doesn’t have to work, but is encouraged to work), and must carry a crew of 8+ kerbals.

Air Force: Plane must carry at least 1 pilot, needs a offense system( doesn’t have to work, but is encouraged to work), must have range of 500+ km. 

Army: Must carry 1+ Kerbals, must have defense or offense system( doesn’t have to work, but is encouraged to work), must work on land only.

Sharing:

Share your machine below. Your description must include a name for the vehicle, as well as a description of it’s defense/offense system. ( you can also pitch the idea in description of you like.)

11 hours ago, DRAG0Nmon said:

Can you make amphibious assault vehicles (work on land and water) and is BDArmiry required?

Amphibious would work great! BDArmory is not required, but can be used. I have in the past used drill-o-matic as a cannon, so you can do some amazing things with stock parts too.

• 2 months later...

LB-1 Korkot

screenshot0.png

This Light Bomber can Create a devastating blow and can be used as an Attack Craft

HF-1

screenshot0.png

HF-1 is a Air Supremacy Fighter Design by Flankland Aerospace Industry (FAI) for the needs of Hermish Air Force in Kerbal Power. This fighter has Duelled 1v1 with Bahamuto's F-15J and it has won to lose ratio of around 5:4 ratio

Battle Buggy MK1

screenshot2.png

This Little thing is an absolute hell of a fighter. You can Paradrop it behind enemy lines and cause havoct. it's also cheap to mass produce it

• 2 months later...

Hey OP, can we also the following category:

Space Force: Make a SSTO spaceplane that seats at least 1 pilot and carries at least 2 (space - space/space - ground) missiles capable of defending Kerbin. 

[Space - Ground] missiles should be able to attack any point on Kerbin's surface (meaning that they are theoretically capable of doing a 90° plane change inclination if needed), de-orbit & reenter Kerbin's atmosphere safely and still have some delta-v left to pack a punch in the target

[Space - Space] missiles should be able to defend Kerbin's entire SOI sphere meaning that they have to rendezvous with the target at a 0 meters closest approach and at a significant relative velocity

Tip: It's easier to hit a ground target outside your orbit's inclination if you plan the plane change inclination & deorbit burn in the same maneuver node and with the proper antecipation and with a decent TWR

P. S: I'm not sure if these requirements for the missiles would make them too big for a regular sized fighter

Edit: For the 90º plane change inclination, I calculated 3238,5 m/s, but I ended up needing around 3500 m/s

Edited by Ksp Slingshooter

I might as well submit some of my warplanes. These are actually battle-tested from various BDA tournaments.

SAI DF-2 Yari, an ASC heavy armored drone

Spoiler

StzUfjd.jpg

SAI K9 Krakenhound, a BAD-T heavy twin-prop fighter

Spoiler

ig3ADtZ.png

SAI BB-1 Abaddon, a laser-armed battleship for Fighter Jet Showdown - No Limits (edit: I forgot I had to submit a different version for the actual tournament, so the screenshot doesn't match the video)

Spoiler

KHtkAUb.png

Edited by sturmhauke

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.