What is the most kerbal thing you guys are going to do in the new game?

SpaceFace545

14 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

I’m probably going to start a lot of things and move on to the next idea before I finish any of them. I’ve done that a lot with KSP

This is why I've rarely made it out of the Kerbin SOI - by the time I get around to it, I've got enough other things going on that my space program is running in slower-than-realtime overall (because I have to keep jumping to something else and can't run in timewarp for long), and then a new version of KSP comes out...

I fully expect to build a Daedalus-powered interstellar ship in Minmus orbit, send it off, and never have it get further than Duna before I restart careers.  ;) 

Probably Orion Rovers/planes.

Or remake my "Explorer II" that I used for my Jool-5 two years or so ago, but instead of future tech ion propulsion, with 4x Orion Nuclear boom drives. It might not be feasible as it may destroy the cargo, but will have to at least try.
Obviously make rovers/planes/boats than can circumvent most planets/moons, see my first line above, heh heh heh.

I might also remake 2 of my largest vessels that I dropped from poor framerate.  With the (supposed) improvement from better coding and better coaxing of the unity engine, they may yet be fun to play afterall.
I quite expect to have more fun than I had in years, barring bugs.

Which leads to the last thing: Try and invoke the Kraken any way I can.  I wan't to know what it takes to tear KSP2's engine to the ground as far as bug goes as early as possible... So I know what NOT to do.
Now if that isn't the Kerbal way, I don't know what it .  :) 

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

An Orion pogo jumpstick.

Will not work well for reasons, however I asked for this as an vehicle in Fallout 3.
Fallout 3 used the same engine as TES 4 Oblivion and shares lots of code, however even if people had made motorcycles in Oblivion and it was lots of defect motorcycles in Fallout 3 the mount mechanic had been ripped from the game. 
My idea was simple combine an miniature orion syle pusher plate and shock absorbers with an mini nuke launcher for an nuclear powered pogo stick. 

Interesting this would work a bit like the TES 3 Morrowind power jump spell who boosted your jumping power 100-1000 times, upside is that you could fire again in the air for more range. 
Downside is the lack of slow fall spells, your option is to fire again to brake or perhaps an parachute.  

Back to orion, as I understand if the orion magazine crash and break all the bombs go off
Described as an special event :) in the all explosions are unique quote. 

Can easy imagine metallic hydrogen is also pretty energetic if failing. 
fv00716.gif

Not nuclear level but sometimes you want to be subtle.  http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff800/fv00716.htm

The orion magazines are pretty heavy but I'm pretty sure some will mod in nuclear bombs who would be nice for the pesky seismic measurements. 

Yes, a rocketjump.

17 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Fallout 3 used the same engine as TES 4 Oblivion and shares lots of code, however even if people had made motorcycles in Oblivion and it was lots of defect motorcycles in Fallout 3 the mount mechanic had been ripped from the game. 

And F3 nickname was Oblivion With Guns. All F3/NE/O/S have same engine with particular features, and similar mods.
I remember the ancient Bethesda's Terminator: Future Shock, long before TES, and I believe TES/Fallout 3 were its remake even more than Morrowind's.
At least for me F3 was looking like it was "Fallout 3: Return to the Future Shock", never thought about it as about Fallout 1/2+...

It would be possible to splash after orionjumping, so the path would follow some coastline or cross a river.

Though, if in Fallout use Medusa-type rocketjumping (an Orion-like nuke pulse engine with a sail instead of plate), the sail could be used as a chute.

17 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

if the orion magazine crash and break all the bombs go off

Historically it was designed having six radially placed parallel stacks of flat cylindric magazines with the nukes.
After emptying a magazine, it jettisonned the empty can (flat cylindric).
So, probably the crashed magazine would be jettisonned as well, as there were tens more of them.

Edited by kerbiloid

9 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Back to orion, as I understand if the orion magazine crash and break all the bombs go off
Described as an special event :) in the all explosions are unique quote. 

Not nuclear level but sometimes you want to be subtle.  http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff800/fv00716.htm

The orion magazines are pretty heavy but I'm pretty sure some will mod in nuclear bombs who would be nice for the pesky seismic measurements. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Oh! I just remembered! They said explosions will have force behind them! So I'm going to try to make a TNT cannon to launch a Kerbal into orbit. 

This give me ideas. A nuclear cannon that launches kerbal and nukes.

Hmm... An Orion-powered Ekranoplan? I'm thinking of Korabl Maket, with the Orion drive mounted on the back with the tailfin in the way.

Help me. I'm still in the grip that mostly ruins the spirit of Kerbal; Realism.

8 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

200K kerbals to every planet in the new game is what I am planning

Will you kill them all at once?

9 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

Help me. I'm still in the grip that mostly ruins the spirit of Kerbal; Realism.

100 ways to kill a kerbal as if it were a human.

11 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Kill jebediah... 

Valentina screams for gender equality.

Edited by Xd the great

30 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Okay, easy fix. I will put Jebediah and Valentina in the same capsule together - and forget to include heat shields and 'chutes...

They'll resurrect. You can't kill an everlasting entity.
Only imprison and hide somewhere, to keep their physical bodies intact.
So, better use for that some useless far celestial body with deep gravity well.

3 hours ago, Xd the great said:
3 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

200K kerbals to every planet in the new game is what I am planning

Will you kill them all at once?

The whole Kerbal Universe will collapse on the first hundred thousand.

P.S.
Cast Summon Kraken - that's what very Kerbal will everybody do the first in KSP-2. Like always.

Edited by kerbiloid