The Loading Screen Contest!

UomoCapra

I took this one today. It's supersampled from 1600x900 but should be fine if chosen and scaled back down to 1920x1080.

60bZTlr.jpg

The remainder are old but still very good I think. The flags here represent Kerbin and its moons in Galileo's Planet Pack.

3p2MyC2.jpg

wi0Eyw9.jpg

OXTmzTm.jpg

Zb8ztKf.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

So, two questions, just for clarification:

Can you do this if you live in a country outside of the USA?

And, can I use the KSP logo (from the in-game flag) and screenshots from KSP trailers made before Take Two acquired KSP?

Edited by RocketSimplicity

I took this one back in 1.2.1 or something like that. An SSTO's morning reentry after a mission to a medium-orbit space station. 

dfaOTjR.jpg

A long-range Viper-inspired craft on its way to Duna.

nL4Ykk7.png

This is a screenshot taken near Laythe during my favorite subreddit challenge: The Jool 5.

htmBwhv.jpg

A Blues Mobile SSTO I built back when the atmosphere was soupy (and arguably more fun).

xYKZcBw.jpg

I must go! My people need me!

PtIGgbc.png

That's...all I've got on imgur. I'll have to sift through some of my other files to find some fun ones for you guys. :)

Edited by scootymcpuff

10 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Well, it sounds like a fun contest. But no, I do not agree to giving a blanket permission like that. Not even for KSP.

Y'all have fun.

Seeing as they don't have my name, address, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, or biographical information, and I'm not submitting them with my entry nor are they required to receive the "prize" of being put in the game... I'm not really all that worried.

They only thing they can get is my voice and that's just because I do YouTube videos.

Edited by 5thHorseman

37 minutes ago, Dafni said:

@JadeOfMaar amazing pics you got there. May I ask what that skybox is in the second to last picture? It looks fantastic.

That skybox is from EVE Online but with a star map mixed in. I never posted that version but the star-less one is available in a collection of skyboxes I did post, linked in my signature.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That skybox is from EVE Online but with a star map mixed in. I never posted that version but the star-less one is available in a collection of skyboxes I did post, linked in my signature.

I see. Thank you very much!

I hope that with any artworks/screenshots chose to be used that they fit in with a coherant design direction. The current ones are really good as they focus directly on the Kerbals as the stars of the show putting them into precarious or whimsical situations.

Rather than screenshots, it would be great to see artwork like the NASA/JPL posters advertising the Kerbolar (canon now?) system:

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/visions-of-the-future/

https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/multimedia/exoplanet-travel-bureau/

https://mars.nasa.gov/multimedia/resources/mars-posters-explorers-wanted/

Edited by Poodmund