The Loading Screen Contest!

UomoCapra

On 9/13/2019 at 5:09 AM, TriggerAu said:

Soo many amazing pictures in this thread. Thanks soo much for sharing what you've done, very appreciated

What he said.... lol  :D

There are some absolutely stunning entries...

Keep them coming, please!

Edited by Just Jim

Are we sure some of these aren't just real rocket launches? I mean, wow guys. This is insane, I love this community.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:42 AM, Loskene said:

This is for the rest of you, who should be demanding compensation for however much time you contributed to someone else's workload.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "should be", people have a right to do what they wish with their spare time, if you don't like the challenge, fine, don't submit anything. But there is no reason why everyone else should be demanding compensation if they are fine without it.

oOhtQch.png

This is a stock craft

91tuROo.png

Same over here

EJR96hk.png

This is the Space Shuttle from Comorant, the launch platform is from Modular Launch Pads and the location is launch pad 35A using Tundra Space Center

Hbu7ie2.png

This is the Falcon 9 from the Tundra Exploration mod with Kerbal Size Real Solar System

hYk28uA.png

Another picture of my stock aircraft

Thank you!

screenshot31.png

a day in the life....

screenshot0.png

Jeb can fly anything.. and we mean ANYTHING:

screenshot10.png

Sometimes you just plant your flag and feel like nobody can see you....

screenshot13.png

Jee--whiz Bill - did you bring a big enough antenna???

screenshot6.png

Nope, this is the small one:

screenshot7.png

is that supposed to be glowing like that?

screenshot8.png

Took this this morning.

qZ8uage.png

The Audax I space-tug towing a module of Pepper Station to Munar orbit.

Restock, SVE/SVT, some skybox, and um... those heavy RCS blisters, and all that USI-LS stuff. Plus a KAS box of experiments for my Mun lander(s).

Early morning tourism launches.

SVE and Scatterer is what makes these particularly pretty (IMO).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5amoxju1zreitx3/screenshot7.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuhbf542hmjj13p/screenshot14.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5d1tv6y8uhzfa9/screenshot11.png?dl=0

Edited by Tolos
Hopefully fixed the links

On 9/11/2019 at 5:37 PM, DjPreside said:

rzHDEjH.jpg

Another art I've done and posted on Reddit, this time I've actually remastered some bits. Inspired by cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova.

Sorry to ruin your dreams but, as you've already posted this on Reddit the entry and your previous entry (which may I add would probably have one, it's spectacular and the second I saw it I knew what you took inspiration from) will be invalid due to this section (see below) sorry to disappoint, however you could have been disqualified for the whole competition

On 9/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, UomoCapra said:

The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind, won any award or been exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.

Also as a helpful reminder as I've seen this a bit you cannot submit ANYTHING that has either A) been shown at an art display featured in a video or any other media at a display IRL or B) That you have POSTED ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET (apart for the first time that you post it on this forum as a submission) AS THAT IS PUBLICLY BEING DISPLAYED.

Sorry if I sound like I run this thing but I want to make sure that all users get a chance and its not fair if they miss the small clause above

Also sorry mods for stealing your job 

Edited by 4472TJ
Resized font

On 9/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, Tw1 said:

Goes against the no logo rule, but that's an in game logo there, so...

This is an allowed logo as it is of the "Sponsors" ownership.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, greydragon70 said:

some go back to my early days on youtube

Watch out, the ones posted that were from YouTube are not legitimate entry's See post(s) above

3 hours ago, 4472TJ said:

[snip]

Dude, first of all calm down. Second, I had already seen a big amount of posts of this thread on Reddit and other platforms, for example @Tinem's pictures have been so popular on Reddit (he's u/DJOzmanMJ) that the official Kerbal Space Program Twitter account has tweeted them (for a good reason, they're insanely cool). So keep calm and let the judges decide. Without all the images that were created before this competition, this thread wouldn't be so rich of great content. My two drawings aren't really good because I'm not a competent artist, but I would be very disappointed not to see in the game all the great stuff that all the talented people like DJOzmanMJ are uploading, even if they had created it before. Third, sorry for my wonky English.

I hope I'm not breaching etiquette by posting again. I found a few more that I'd like to share.

For what it's worth, like my first post, they're true in-game shots. A minor exception is the the time-lapse effect, which is the result of stacking video frames with an external application. For anyone curious, the depth of field is also in-game, achieved with some clever ReShade manipulation. 
Unfortunately, it's difficult to get the same effect now, due to newer versions of KSP, ReShade, or both. 

Us37qs7.png

FjwNY7Z.png

nvf2rme.jpg