The Loading Screen Contest!

UomoCapra

8 hours ago, nwillard said:

Glenand Kerman was doing a typical "rescue-spacewalk" when she ran out of EVA fuel.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

You have 2 other options.

• The Klaw. I'm not 100% sure you can transfer fuel to her but you could at least take her to an airless world to let her climb up a ladder into a ship.
  • Position a ladder VERY CAREFULLY next to her so she can grab it. I've done this and it's very hard but possible.

And there's a 3rd option: use the mod EasyBoard.

Look in the first post for "Herd Instinct".  It'll tell you how when maneuvering a craft to have it automatically pick up a Kerbal on EVA and either grab a ladder or board.

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The Klaw. I'm not 100% sure you can transfer fuel to her but you could at least take her to an airless world to let her climb up a ladder into a ship.

Well, once you got her grappled with a Klaw you can also land her on Kerbin. Either with a careful reentry (propulsively slowing down enough that the heating is survivable), sheltering her in a cargo bay, or behind a heat-shield. Now that I think about it: you don't necessarily need to grab her with a Klaw to shelter her in a cargo bay.

In short: there are many ways to rescue a Kerbal that is stranded without EVA fuel. Leaving them to orbit indefinitely is just cruel! ;.;
(Well, it's not like we all haven't done cruel things to Kerbals on occasion...)

10 hours ago, AHHans said:

Now that I think about it: you don't necessarily need to grab her with a Klaw to shelter her in a cargo bay.

You don't, but you can't use timewarp if you have loose kerbals or objects inside your cargo bay either. One time I rescued a kerbal inside of a 2.5m service bay, that worked.

Here's my entry :)

First mission

GGo6q5C.png

The dawn of the space age

9Ac7IBG.png

Another happy landing

Rk2ErJp.jpg

First steps on Minmus

QPn7OiX.png

Launch with PASSION

4W0jQK9.png

Far away from home

1Q77CCZ.png

Kerbin

Mp2h173.png

Using my forum name is good. Thank you :)

Edited by Cat91
biggur pics

I guess I might as well crack open the old render vault, then. These are some of my personal favorite renders that I've made in various 3D Software. (better late than never I suppose)

Lander touching down on Gilly's porous surface

jLCa228.png

Shuttle Delivering Station Components

MFnDvEY.png

Deep space probe encountering Laythe

cvDwqEk.png

High Fidelity Minmus

d9CvyYe.png

I grant permission to use my forum handle in any announcements.

I'm sorry to report that Glenand from last page is now no longer with us... ever since the Kerbals mysteriously began craving vital nutrients, she ran out of time. Before she went, the genius actually created a burst antenna from jetpack coolant to send one last message... "Earn this!"

I do not expect that this low resolution image would find its way into the LoadingScreen - as a matter of fact, I intend to hack my installments to include it for me, and this is good enough. :P

But.. As much as the contestants here have really, really impressive work (and I meant it!), this screenshot of one of my first challenges is what resumes the KSP experience for me. :sticktongue:

I'm very found of it. :D

LoadScreen_LisiasT.clean.png

However, the image below (on the spoiler) is what I really would love to have on my Loading Screen. Ok, it have some text so it's not a proper entry - but I like it the same. :D

Spoiler

LoadScreen_LisiasT.png

Proper Acknowledgments on the site. TL;DR: All source images are (c) me, TTi/Squad or a public domain.

I authorize the use of the images (including the one on Spoiler. besides not being applicable to the Contest) and my login name as requested on the OP.