The Loading Screen Contest!

UomoCapra

32 minutes ago, Lupi said:

Also, it's fine if we have signatures and such on our work, correct? Those won't be (deliberately) taken out or covered over?

The artwork being submitted should be free of that type of messaging, except for the case of a discrete artists' signature. All other identifying information can be added separately in the post itself when you submit your artwork.

2 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

The artwork being submitted should be free of that type of messaging, except for the case of a discrete artists' signature. All other identifying information can be added separately in the post itself when you submit your artwork.

Yeah, a distinct artist's signature is what i meant, like what I sign my real life rocket photos with! 

Thanks for the clarification! 

kmmV8lp.jpg
(just to be clear this is not a submission, just my example of signing my work lol)

Edited by Lupi

27 minutes ago, Lupi said:

Also, another question: Is the use of public domain (IE, NASA) imagery fine, if i wanted to photoshop my rocket in front of a NASA launch 

We'd ask that you refrain from using that type of imagery in your submissions.

30 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

We'd ask that you refrain from using that type of imagery in your submissions.

Supplmentary question, if it's a photo you have personally taken, is it alright then? 

20 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

We'd ask that you not include logos outside that of KSP.

That's not exactly what I asked in either case. I was asking about making a composite image where i impose one of my Kerbal rockets over a real photograph of a launch (as many launch photos from NASA are public domain (and thus hopefully avoid copyright issues), or I have a personal library of rocket launch photos I have taken) 

I was not asking to use NASA's logo. I think you answered someone else about the image compositing elsewhere, though, and it appears to be fine?

Just now, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Oh wow... I would enter my landing a probe right next to the East Crater Mun Arch (without even realizing it was there, spotted it during my descent!), but the rest of y'all put me to shame...

No harm in giving it a go!

12 minutes ago, Lupi said:

No harm in giving it a go!

Ha! I actually would need to scoot the probe over so it's actually next to the arch, it's currently in the crater to the west (I think) of it, but I have an excess of 1600 dV or something stupid because I way over engineered it!

Edit: Y'know what? I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna fly it by eyeball *shudders* and I'm gonna land it in camera range of the Mun Arch. LET'S DO THIS, SUCKERS!

Edited by Kerballing (Got Dunked On)
Hyping myself

All yours are so much better than mine. Plus, I periodically wipe my screenshots folder. Having said that,

hjxps6h.png

A space station. It has a few too many solar panels, I really should replace them with some Gigantors now I've unlocked them.

svo7ilB.png

Here's my newest SSTO circularising!

And the best of my screenshots I could find...

dn0jwjw.png

The SSTO is stock (EDIT: apart from that aerodynamic RCS thingy) but I use Restock, SVT, SVE and a skybox.

4 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state and country), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.

Well, it sounds like a fun contest. But no, I do not agree to giving a blanket permission like that. Not even for KSP.

Y'all have fun.