KSP Loading... Preview: Ike & Minmus revamp.

St4rdust

9 minutes ago, Caelib said:

Are they coming from the work being done on KSP2?  I know they have rebuilt the KSP system with updated graphics.

I think it may not be a coincidence that we've gotten certain things in recent updates.  Perhaps as a test run of sorts.  Part variants in particular come to mind.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm  pretty sure it's  unrelated.  Codebase are too different 

I trust your opinion.  Some of the features in KSP2 seemed recently familiar.  I thought maybe since Squad and Star Theory were working together, they may have learned from each other about implementing certain features.  I'm no expert and willing to be wrong on the matter.

22 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I trust your opinion.  Some of the features in KSP2 seemed recently familiar.  I thought maybe since Squad and Star Theory were working together, they may have learned from each other about implementing certain features.  I'm no expert and willing to be wrong on the matter.

No, they are not "working together".  They do talk, and at a guess Star Theory may have access to the KSP codebase,  but they are two totally separate development groups

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, they are not "working together".  They do talk, and at a guess Star Theory may have access to the KSP codebase,  but they are two totally separate development groups

Well, actually we are doing a bit more than just talking but still KSP2 is a Star Theory game. 

4 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

Looking good.  I had some concerns that you'd be greatly changing the look of these worlds, but now it seems you're just (greatly) increasing the resolution and detail... thanks!

Agreed. Minmus is my favorite planet, and I am still a little apprehensive about what might happen to it in KSP2, but this looks pretty good. Especially if the sparkle works as described. I hope the makers of KSP2 do not stray to far from this. 

Nice work ksp1 people. This looks great. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.