Where'd the reactions go?

golkaidakhaana

I don't know where else to post this, if it's in the wrong category please move it to the correct one.

I'm not quite sure why this is occurring, but I can no longer add reactions to posts. All I see is the signature and other stuff, but no "Like" button.

vQVj7x9.png

It's supposed to be at the right side in the above image. Any ideas?

@Vanamonde & @ManeTI, why when I do a search against members, and then try to sort by repuatation does the sort not return the list properly... it just reverts back to the initial search page?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/search/&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[19]=1&group[29]=1&group[15]=1&group[9]=1&group[4]=1&group[17]=1&group[12]=1&group[20]=1&group[11]=1&group[3]=1&group[6]=1&group[23]=1&group[31]=1&group[30]=1&group[28]=1&group[25]=1&group[10]=1&group[8]=1&group[24]=1&group[18]=1

Follow the link to show all members, then try and sort by reputation at the top right side of the frame.

EDIT: Trying to sort the list by any metric seems to do the same, not just reputation.

Edited by Poodmund

6 hours ago, Poodmund said:

then try to sort by repuatation does the sort not return the list properly... it just reverts back to the initial search page?

It used to work like you'd think, but yesterday we found that if you search for 'a' (or any other single letter), then sort by reputation, then remove the 'a' and search again seems to work "as intended".     There were also rumors that you needed to spin around twice and sacrifice a meatloaf as offering to get it to work, this may or may not be true, who knows with this software?

7 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

It used to work like you'd think, but yesterday we found that if you search for 'a' (or any other single letter), then sort by reputation, then remove the 'a' and search again seems to work "as intended".     There were also rumors that you needed to spin around twice and sacrifice a meatloaf as offering to get it to work, this may or may not be true, who knows with this software?

Last time I saw something like this, in a distant Web 2.0 company I once worked on, it was a problem with the cache (we used MEMCACHED at that time) to cache the dynamic pages.

Someone had the "bright" idea to use MD5 on the URLs to use as cache ids in a (desperate and fruitless) attempt to speed up things, as our URLs were getting bigger and bigger. Stupid move, you can't expect to shrink a sample space of 1024, 2048 bits into 256 without collisions, and the ending result was very similar to what you describes.

Check if the URL is not being truncated somewhere in the stack, perahps on the cache too.

This is not a game problem, but a forum problem. Suddenly it seems I am unable to like any posts. I thought maybe it was a browser issue, so I tried a different browser and still have the problem.  Could I have accidentally changed a setting somewhere?  Ideas?

2 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

This is not a game problem, but a forum problem. Suddenly it seems I am unable to like any posts. I thought maybe it was a browser issue, so I tried a different browser and still have the problem.  Could I have accidentally changed a setting somewhere?  Ideas?

Same. Has it gone?

20 hours ago, Gargamel said:

In lieu of the like button, I'm just going to reply to show appreciation of this reply. And go off and sacrifice a meat loaf just to be sure. With hot English mustard and gravy.