KSP updates and KSP2 updates

As we all know KSP2 is coming out soon. Judging by the trailer, it aims to be a super enhanced KSP with everything the current game lacks. However, I do have one concern - and that is of how the current KSP will be updated alongside KSP2. If KSP2 has a feature, will that feature eventually be added into KSP1? Or will KSP1 just stop being updated? I'm sure many people might not buy KSP2 simply because of cost, but does that mean that they can't enjoy updates anymore?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if KSP1 needs a feature, but KSP2 already has that feature, does KSP1 get it as well?  I'm not an expert in game development so I might be missing something obvious, but it seems as though KSP1 runs the risk of simply evolving into KSP2 or else getting tons of weird, unneeded features that were only added because KSP2 doesn't have them. 

Maybe im overthinking this, but honestly I'm a bit confused by how two games so similar run alongside each other from the same developers.

7 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

Maybe im overthinking this, but honestly I'm a bit confused by how two games so similar run alongside each other from the same developers.

KSP 2 is from a different developer.

And even if they both were from the same developer you wouldn't expect any backports from the new game because that would devalue the whole idea of making a new game.

12 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

I'm a bit confused by how two games so similar run alongside each other

The same way similar FPS, MOBA, or Battle Royale games can run alongside each other.

12 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

it seems as though KSP1 runs the risk of simply evolving into KSP2

From posts I've read from LinuxGuruGamer and others, the core of KSP1 simply could not handle such things.  It's why KSP2 has been built on a new code base.

My two cents.  KSP1 will have a few more updates while KSP2 is out.  Eventually, we'll get that beautiful final update and KSP1 will finally be finished.  Hopefully with all the planets and parts (that need it) fully revamped, with most of the major bugs smashed, and a much needed balance pass to career mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.