My most wanted feature: Free Rotation on EVA

Doctor_E

I never understood why this wasn't in the original game. When on EVA as a Kerbal, you could never press Q or E or whatever to rotate a Kerbal on their axis (along with the camera). This made EVA's a hassle to get the proper orientation you needed, since you'd have to work around a camera that was perfectly oriented with Kerbin's pole. Please Devs! Hear my call!

TL;DR: Give Kerbal's a freely rotating camera when on EVA like in Space Engineers.

Edited by Doctor_E

1 hour ago, Doctor_E said:

I never understood why this wasn't in the original game. When on EVA as a Kerbal, you could never press Q or E or whatever to rotate a Kerbal on their axis (along with the camera). This made EVA's a hassle to get the proper orientation you needed, since you'd have to work around a camera that was perfectly oriented with Kerbin's pole. Please Devs! Hear my call!

TL;DR: Give Kerbal's a freely rotating camera when on EVA like in Space Engineers.

I'll do you one better. Give us first person EVAs. I know this is suggested in other threads, but still.

And yes, freely rotating Cameras will give a hilarious upside-down view from Australia. Or Kaustralia.

If you hit V it will change the camera orientation, and your Kerbal will then align to that. I use this any time they're at that perfect "90 degrees from what I want" angle that keeps them from being able to do something (usually, get on a ladder).

If you want to position them perfectly for a screen shot or something though... this probably wouldn't work.

I don't know how many of you guys came to KSP from orbiter, but a lot of us old orbiter-heads remember TransX and the sort, you could plan out an entire trip through the solar system with multiple gravity assists in a simple MFD with the lowest DV possible before you ever launched. I'd LOVE to see something similar. I know It's a stretch, but hey.. you never know.. lol

18 hours ago, Talavar said:

I don't know how many of you guys came to KSP from orbiter, but a lot of us old orbiter-heads remember TransX and the sort, you could plan out an entire trip through the solar system with multiple gravity assists in a simple MFD with the lowest DV possible before you ever launched. I'd LOVE to see something similar. I know It's a stretch, but hey.. you never know.. lol

And this is relevant to better EVA movement mechanics how?

20 minutes ago, EnderKid2 said:

And this is relevant to better EVA movement mechanics how?

Actually this is bizzare.. It seems my browser posted to a previous forum post that I viewed (being this one), this was meant to go elsewhere. (shrug).. anyway, I guess It fits in as one of MY most wanted features. lol

• 2 weeks later...