Doctor_E

My most wanted feature: Free Rotation on EVA

Recommended Posts

I never understood why this wasn't in the original game. When on EVA as a Kerbal, you could never press Q or E or whatever to rotate a Kerbal on their axis (along with the camera). This made EVA's a hassle to get the proper orientation you needed, since you'd have to work around a camera that was perfectly oriented with Kerbin's pole. Please Devs! Hear my call!

TL;DR: Give Kerbal's a freely rotating camera when on EVA like in Space Engineers.

Edited by Doctor_E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor_E said:

I never understood why this wasn't in the original game. When on EVA as a Kerbal, you could never press Q or E or whatever to rotate a Kerbal on their axis (along with the camera). This made EVA's a hassle to get the proper orientation you needed, since you'd have to work around a camera that was perfectly oriented with Kerbin's pole. Please Devs! Hear my call!

TL;DR: Give Kerbal's a freely rotating camera when on EVA like in Space Engineers.

I'll do you one better. Give us first person EVAs. I know this is suggested in other threads, but still.

And yes, freely rotating Cameras will give a hilarious upside-down view from Australia. Or Kaustralia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you hit V it will change the camera orientation, and your Kerbal will then align to that. I use this any time they're at that perfect "90 degrees from what I want" angle that keeps them from being able to do something (usually, get on a ladder).

If you want to position them perfectly for a screen shot or something though... this probably wouldn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I don't know how many of you guys came to KSP from orbiter, but a lot of us old orbiter-heads remember TransX and the sort, you could plan out an entire trip through the solar system with multiple gravity assists in a simple MFD with the lowest DV possible before you ever launched. I'd LOVE to see something similar. I know It's a stretch, but hey.. you never know.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Talavar said:

 I don't know how many of you guys came to KSP from orbiter, but a lot of us old orbiter-heads remember TransX and the sort, you could plan out an entire trip through the solar system with multiple gravity assists in a simple MFD with the lowest DV possible before you ever launched. I'd LOVE to see something similar. I know It's a stretch, but hey.. you never know.. lol

And this is relevant to better EVA movement mechanics how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EnderKid2 said:

And this is relevant to better EVA movement mechanics how?

Actually this is bizzare.. It seems my browser posted to a previous forum post that I viewed (being this one), this was meant to go elsewhere. (shrug).. anyway, I guess It fits in as one of MY most wanted features. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want an easy way to jump and do a front or backflip in low gravity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.