ermmmmmm what ?

k00b

so i hear kerbals is going to be completely ruined now (beyond rotors... / see above about how great the "crowd funding" (READ:"NON PROFITABLE") company formaly known as "uber entertainment" (sarcasm being the "entertainment"), now known as "star theory" as from wikipedia:

'On October 2, 2014, Uber Entertainment announced a new Kickstarter campaign for a real-time strategy game, Human Resources. The goal was set for $1.4 million, though the project was cancelled October 21, 2014 after projections showed the fundraiser would fail to raise the needed capital'.

[snip]

what do you guys think of the facts above that cannot be argued ???

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

How did they [snip] $1.4 million dollars if projections showed they would not raise $1.4 million?

And where did Jack get the rope to tie those tortoises together?

'People who back Kickstarter projects are offered tangible rewards or experiences in exchange for their pledges'

1)you start a crowdfunding campaign

2)you aquire LOTS of money

3)you pocket the money, quickly change your company name and pretend it was "becuz of teh "projections"

4)BINGO.

you don't watch southpark ?

7 minutes ago, k00b said:

1)you start a crowdfunding campaign

2)you aquire LOTS of money

3)you pocket the money, change your company name and pretend it was becauz of the "projections"

4)BINGO.

Ok, they are a nasty corporation milking poor people.

I never noticed a bad attitude by corporations. They are usually so caring and considerate. What's the name of that people dealing with that pills with a X in their brand name again?

Edited by Signo

35 minutes ago, k00b said:

'On October 2, 2014, Uber Entertainment announced a new Kickstarter campaign for a real-time strategy game, Human Resources. The goal was set for $1.4 million, though the project was cancelled October 21, 2014 after projections showed the fundraiser would fail to raise the needed capital'.

In a Kickstarter campaign if you fail to reach the goal, you get *nothing.*  The supporters are never charged.  So they made no money on this.  (There are plenty of Kickstarter campaigns where they reached the goal and then failed to deliver a product - then they get the money and walk away.  But that's a different situation.)

As for KSP2 - TakeTwo bought the rights from Squad.  It's folly to assume they did so to do nothing with them.  This or something similar was likely the plan the entire time.

1 minute ago, Signo said:

Ok, they are a nasty corporation milking poor people.

they can't be that poor if they are giving money away to crowdfunding....

i would use the term "excrements videogame developer" as opposed to "nasty corporation" though ?

what do you guys think ?

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

In a Kickstarter campaign if you fail to reach the goal, you get *nothing.*  The supporters are never charged.  So they made no money on this.  (There are plenty of Kickstarter campaigns where they reached the goal and then failed to deliver a product - then they get the money and walk away.  But that's a different situation.)

As for KSP2 - TakeTwo bought the rights from Squad.  It's folly to assume they did so to do nothing with them.  This or something similar was likely the plan the entire time.

phew!; it's good they didn't steal $1.4million; that is a relief.

(they must be just a MASSIVE failure of a company /  videogame "developer" (sarasm being "developer") then ? "my mistake"...

if you are saying taketwo are the ones "doing the dirty" on squad ? then do you think it was taketwo who FORCED squad to put rotors in the game also ? or no ? (interesting theory)

4 minutes ago, k00b said:

then do you think it was taketwo who FORCED squad to put rotors in the game also

I don't understand what you have against rotors, they are a great addition to the game.

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

I don't know what this is about, but it's not KSP. Thread moved to the Lounge. 

it is about how KSP 2 is going to be garbage; hence posting in KSP 2.

like giving a halloween pumpkin to a tree shredder.

[snip]

- the node HOWEVER according to PB666 is:

Its designed for constructions with I-beams and girder segments. Its a corner piece

thus it is a transistional piece for "space flight"....

if i was taketwo, i would ban you from playing on my games for insinuating i was a "cash-grabbing company".

(i have only suggested, they might be heavy handed and that their new game titled "KSP2" is going to be COMPLETE GARBAGE. (i.e. could be saving them ALOT of money (- not that i would have the audacity, to myself call them a "cash grabbing company"...).

some people.

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

Also nobody in Mexico owns KSP. They haven't for years. They sold it to Take Two for what I assume were both very good reasons and very good money.

If you sold your car years ago and then someone crashed it, would you scream that they crashed your car?

2 hours ago, k00b said:

what do you guys think of the facts above that cannot be argued ???

From reading this thread... all of them. At least the ones you think are bad ones.

I won't dispute that the company changed names, tried to make a game that didn't get funded, and is now making KSP. The rest is... well... I'm supposed to remain positive and not say bad things.

*serenity now*

Edited by 5thHorseman
Grammar and clarity

26 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

If you sold your car years ago and then someone crashed it, would you scream that they crashed your car?

22 minutes ago, TBenz said:

It's about as rational of a response as this thread (or the rotor bashing thing) is. 

if they were making me do engineering work on it, on a daily basis, having sold it; then YES - obviously.

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

A lot of content has been removed and/or redacted from this thread, due to multiple forum rules violations:

• Unfounded accusations (rule 2.2.d)
  • Insults and threats (more 2.2.d)
  • Discriminatory nationalist ranting (2.2.e; it's not okay to bash a nationality, folks)
  • Flamebaiting (2.2.n)
  • Backseat moderating (3.2)

Folks, please be civil.  It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, and it's perfectly fine to express it, and it's perfectly fine to have spirited debate.

It's not okay, however, to make accusations.  It's not okay to bash entire countries.  It's not okay to threaten people, and it's not okay to tell other people what to do.

If you don't think you'll like KSP2, or you have some reason of your own for not wanting to buy it-- e.g. if you have some reason of your own for not liking the company, or anything else-- then by all means, don't buy it!  And then the people who do like it will go and spend their money as they like, and everyone wins.

Everyone here agreed to abide by the forum rules when creating an account, so please do so.

And please don't try to enforce it on anyone else-- you're not a moderator, it's not your place to tell anyone else what to do.  If you see someone behaving in a way that you believe is so egregious that it's actually violating forum rules, then by all means report the post so the moderator team can have a look and address anything they deem necessary.  Do not, however, publicly threaten to do so-- it's against the rules.  Do not attempt to enforce rules yourself.

And if someone just says something that makes you really angry?  You can choose to engage them in civil debate (no insults, no threats).  Or you can just choose not to engage and stroll on by.  Please don't feed the flames.  Flame wars accomplish nothing, and everyone loses.

It has become clear at this point that this thread can't be trusted to stay on the rails; people have said their piece early in the thread, and further discussion has been pointless flaming and bickering rather than constructive discussion.  Accordingly, this thread is now locked and shall remain so.

Thank you for your understanding.