Adding engine configs to Realism Overhaul

John Sheppard

Hello i'm trying to Add the Real Scale Sea Dragon mod in my RSS+RO+RP-1 but i can't seem to find any information how to add new parts to RO

I've only found a YouTube video from Raiz Space but it's 2 years old and it seems the configs are different now (i wasn't able to replicate what he did despite watching the video multiple times)

I've managed to change the .cfg file of the mod's engines to use kerosene and successfully added them to the tech tree using the python 3 "Parts Browser" as described in the rp-0 github But no matter what i do the engines always show up as non-RO.

What i tried so far :

left the original sea dragon engine .CFG as-is and creating a new .CFG in RealismOverhaul/Engine Configs changing the fuels etc just like all the other engines in there - didn't work

Copied an existing (F-1) config and just renamed both the file and all the references in there to the sea dragon 1st stage engine as is named in its cfg - didn't work (showed up in the game using liquid fuel as if the RO config didn't have effect)

"Hijack" an existing FASA engine basically dumped sea dragon parts in there and renamed them to F1 parts . This kinda worked as in the engine showed up and didn't have the "non-RO" but it wasn't functioning properly , the inflatable conical thing (it's called flare in the game) that is used to slow it down and keep it afloat after separation , was always deployed without any option to reverse this , even in the VAB , it was a single color and also it didn't seem to have any of the avionics that it's supposed to have although i can live with that

Is there a guide somewhere that shows how to add RO support to new engines?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.