[1.12.x] Crew Light Relit

linuxgurugamer

Hey there! It seems I've found a bug with Crew Light where the Mk2 crew cabin starts flight with its lights turned on when they are off in the Editor, and starts flight with its lights turned on if you set them to be off in the Editor:

hasXdfL.jpg

It fixes itself after sundown and the lights start working normally again, but it is rather strange that they start in a flipped state.

Log file (Not sure if it helps but it never hurts to include)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer I found 2 performance problems. Firstly, my framerate drops from 127 to 98 (consistently) when I install this mod and run a kind of benchmark (on the launchpad, at daytime, not touching anything), and when I hold left Alt, it drops from 98 to 88. I tested this at least 3 times, getting consistent results.

Even when I turn the lights on and off, and they're visibly off (because the mod doesn't keep them on when I turn them on and off), the framerate remains the same.

In per cents, the mod itself lowers my framerate on the launchpad by 23% and holding Alt lowers it even further by 10%. Yes, only this mod causes the Alt issue.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

the Mk2 crew cabin starts flight with its lights turned on when they are off in the Editor, and starts flight with its lights turned on if you set them to be off in the Editor:

@Avera9eJoe please read your post again, slowly.

Edited by Krzeszny
semantics

14 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

@linuxgurugamer I found 2 performance problems. Firstly, my framerate drops from 127 to 98 (consistently) when I install this mod and run a kind of benchmark (on the launchpad, at daytime, not touching anything), and when I hold left Alt, it drops from 98 to 88. I tested this at least 3 times, getting consistent results.

Even when I turn the lights on and off, and they're visibly off (because the mod doesn't keep them on when I turn them on and off), the framerate remains the same.

In per cents, the mod itself lowers my framerate on the launchpad by 23% and holding Alt lowers it even further by 10%. Yes, only this mod causes the Alt issue.

Unfortunately, it's the way the mod is written.  It's going to take a lot of work to fix, and sorry to say it's not a priority.

I'll keep it in mind

BTW, it would be nice to have an idea of your system specs

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Unfortunately, it's the way the mod is written.  It's going to take a lot of work to fix, and sorry to say it's not a priority.

I'll keep it in mind

BTW, it would be nice to have an idea of your system specs

I understand. I mostly wanted to warn potential users about possible 30% framerate losses.

Specs:

• Intel i5-6600k OC'd to 4.4 GHz,
  • Nvidia GTX 970 not OC'd,
  • an SSD, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM

30 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

I understand. I mostly wanted to warn potential users about possible 30% framerate losses.

Specs:

• Intel i5-6600k OC'd to 4.4 GHz,
  • Nvidia GTX 970 not OC'd,
  • an SSD, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM

Ok, that's pretty good.  I'll see what I can do in a few weeks.

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, that's pretty good.  I'll see what I can do in a few weeks.

I debugged it! And it's so simple! Crew Light Relit depends on ClickThroughBlocker, even though it's not listed as a dependency. If you open the console with Crew Light installed but CTB not installed, you'll see why.

After adding ClickThroughBlocker, Crew Light Relit only lowers my framerate by 1% and holding left Alt doesn't make it any worse. Just add CTB to this thread's OP and to CKAN dependencies. Easy fix :)

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I debugged it! And it's so simple! Crew Light Relit depends on ClickThroughBlocker, even though it's not listed as a dependency. If you open the console with Crew Light installed but CTB not installed, you'll see why.

After adding ClickThroughBlocker, Crew Light Relit only lowers my framerate by 1% and holding left Alt doesn't make it any worse. Just add CTB to this thread's OP and to CKAN dependencies. Easy fix :)

Good catch, although I suspect your log file is full of errors.  Would help next time to provide it for analysis.

Anyway, OP is updated and CKAN update in progress

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As I cannot open an issue at https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CrewLight I mention it here:

The old morseCode bug is back.
I can manage it that my changed morseCodeStr appears inside the persistent.sfs, but later, after loading the save, it's back to default.
I guess this always happens when going to the difficulty settings to edit any other mod's settings.

And as I'm already here, I suggest a change that the settings are written to a config inside a PluginData folder instead of inside the persistent.sfs.

17 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

As I cannot open an issue at https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CrewLight I mention it here:

I can manage it that my changed morseCodeStr appears inside the persistent.sfs, but later, after loading the save, it's back to default.
I guess this always happens when going to the difficulty settings to edit any other mod's settings.

And as I'm already here, I suggest a change that the settings are written to a config inside a PluginData folder instead of inside the persistent.sfs.

Since this isn’t a bug I’ve ever been aware of, can you please describe the bug?  Log file would also be useful.

and writing the setting to  a file, while nice, is not a trivial amount of work.  I’ll take a look at it when Incan.

I’ll fix the GitHub issue tracker later

On 12/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, eberkain said:

I believe this has a new bug, when launching a craft the cabin lights no longer get set on automatically. 

Would have been nice if you had pinged me.  

On 9/26/2021 at 3:16 AM, Romixas said:

Hi. I have the same problem, the cockpit lights do not turn on automatically. There is no reaction to sunlight, although the light on the Kerbal helmet works fine. Thanks.

Would have been nice if you had pinged me.  Log file is necessary for support

On 11/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, Gordon Dry said:

I put a beta in the issue you listed on github, please try it out

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 1.20.1

• Added check in SettingsApplied() to make sure actually in a game to avoid a nullref
  • Added text entry field to enter text and have it translated to Morse code
  • Removed silly way to open the More Morse window, now it opens when the More Morse radio button is toggled.  If not closed More Morse window will stay open until the settings screen is exited
  • Hard-coded layout in More Morse window

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer and everyone else!

I wanted to share this. I use both the Aviation Lights mod and Crew Light. I like having all my lights have the motion detector functionality, but the option wasn't in the PAW for the new Aviation Lights part. So, I changed ModuleMotionDetector.cfg in Crew Light to add: 

Spoiler

// Trying to add motion detector to aviation lights
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleNavLight],!MODULE[ModuleMotionDetector],!MODULE[ModuleStatusLight],~CrewCapacity[]]:FOR[CrewLight]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleMotionDetector
        motionDetectorEnabled = false
        range = 5
        timer = 15
    }
}

It seems to work just fine, although I haven't tested it much. Just wanted to share this in case it helps anyone.

LGG, thanks for keeping so many mods going! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.