OvenBaked Wholemeal Baked Goods; Aerospace Division. CLOSING DOWN SALE!

Welcome to OvenBaked Wholemeal Baked Goods; Aerospace Division! We have been making baked goods from the humble loaf to the tasty pretzel since 1840 but recently have grander ambitions! We plan to establish bakeries everywhere; From Kerbin Orbit to the surface of Eve!

Mun Lander and Rover

To scout out the ideal spot on the moons of kerbin for our Bakery we sent up one Kerbalnaut and a Rover to the Mun! Useing our heavy lifter to launch the research vehicle into kerbin orbit and then it's onboard engines to head for either the Mun or Minmus!

W9LVw.png

How does bread act on the mun?!

gDhub.png

This looks like a good flat area! Lets start work on the heavy lander to put a bakery here!

YAI2Ql.png

Not Pictured: To use the rover grab onto the ladder and then switch to the rover using [ or ] .

Xa4C8l.png

The heavy lifter V takes it into orbit; With advanced onion-based technology to maximise delta V!

In game it's named boringly; "Mun 1r V" I didn't get creative with a name since I though it would explode on the launch pad. Due to how successful It was I'm going to wait till I think of a good name to name the series.

DOWNLOAD

I'm not sure if it will work without the fuel-bug fix, but I know it works with it.

Plug-Ins:

Fuel Bug Fix

Carts

Mech Jeb

Mech Jeb is able to auto-pilot this, BUT you have to take over at the half-way point when going to minmus as it bugs out. (Use SmartASS to adjust your inclination, then use landing autopilot to land)

Orbital Bakery

To deliver fresh bread before a Muner or even Interplantery mission we have set up a bakery in Kerbin orbit! Crewed by 2 elite bakers and 1 O.K. Pilot we hope to have many visitors! It has a total capacity of 9kerbals and can get to high kerbin orbit without any debris (dump the centre booster before circularising fully( periapsis at ~30km so it aerobrakes) even if it has fuel)!

ARfQg.png

HG3SYl.png

On board engine generates only 20kn of force but is plenty to adjust orbit once your up in space.

6vM64l.png

Slightly different launch vehicle to the Lander, less fuel is the main difference.

mFWLFl.png

In the VAB, Ignore the weird sky graphics that seems to be an artefact of scaling the picture down.

DOWNLOAD

Plugins:

Fuel Bug Fix

Mech Jeb

Crew tank

MechJeb can auto-ascend it Though you may need to fiddle with the launch profile as the outer tanks have a habit of taking the centre engine off if decoupled during a gravity turn.

Three Man Lander

After the Success of the single man lander a 3man lander was the obvious next step! The wide base and the large space below the central tank for under-slung cargo make it ideal for delivering both kerbals and goods to mun!

ohZDh.png

Lands easily on the mun.

8uYjF.png

Fuel for the journey back!

DOWNLOAD

Plugins:

Fuel Bug Fix

Mech Jeb

Edited by baked_by_oven
Closing down.

Working on a three man variant but it has yet to work properly, and I keep getting distracted by Joy riding on rovers.

The lander is the same design but with a 2m center, might add some orbiter probes as well but i'm rather conscious of the mass. But getting it to the mun is challenging as the Onion V heavy can't get into orbit and the Onion VII explodes when staging... So a completely different Launch vehicle may be needed.

My priorities right now are:

Not failing College.

Build heavy lander (3man and cargo variant)

Build Very Heavy launch Vehicle for Heavy lander.

Test and modify.

Build Mun base using new landers and Crew tanks.

Edited by baked_by_oven

Working on a three man variant but it has yet to work properly, and I keep getting distracted by Joy riding on rovers.

The lander is the same design but with a 2m center, might add some orbiter probes as well but i'm rather conscious of the mass. But getting it to the mun is challenging as the Onion V heavy can't get into orbit and the Onion VII explodes when staging... So a completely different Launch vehicle may be needed.

My priorities right now are:

Not failing College.

Build heavy lander (3man and cargo variant)

Build Very Heavy launch Vehicle for Heavy lander.

Test and modify.

Build Mun base using new landers and Crew tanks.

Sounds cool! Keep up the work!

I got bored of trying to develop a heavy launcher that didn't implode when staging, SO I made an orbital bakery. It's just a skylab for bread...

Now I need a shuttle or rocket bus to get kerbals there and back...

Edited by baked_by_oven

To the manufacturer of the Mun Lander and Rover "Mun 1r V" I would like to inform you that Kerbonaut Fredwin Kerman used your lander to achieve an orbit around Minimus after unsuccessfully attempting to orbit the Mun. He might even have enough fuel to get back! We will leave you this message and try to land on Minimus without killing Fredwin.

I'm terrible at that sort of thing and the fuel margin isn't as big as I'd hoped. I'm going to leave it there and land future missions around the mun arch, as it's the first artefact i've found.

I kinda want to fiddle with rendezvous and crew transfer given a docking mod is being made, Now I have the Orbital Bakery which can take 9 it's not hard to make a rocket that can deliver/return kerbals to it (use mechjeb for de-orbiting when empty) to get a full company of 9.

Then the next target is to build a mun base, The vehicles I want to build are;

Mun habitat module, 3 kerbal mun rover and some form of crew vehicle for getting kerbals there and back.

I'm terrible at that sort of thing and the fuel margin isn't as big as I'd hoped. I'm going to leave it there and land future missions around the mun arch, as it's the first artefact i've found.

I kinda want to fiddle with rendezvous and crew transfer given a docking mod is being made, Now I have the Orbital Bakery which can take 9 it's not hard to make a rocket that can deliver/return kerbals to it (use mechjeb for de-orbiting when empty) to get a full company of 9.

Then the next target is to build a mun base, The vehicles I want to build are;

Mun habitat module, 3 kerbal mun rover and some form of crew vehicle for getting kerbals there and back.

You can dock without mods, by the way.

As shown in this video I made.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.