Made a Build, Fly, Dream trailer for another space game

Clockwork13

Just putting this here in case any of you are interested.

Basically it's a game about colonizing space in a kind of post-apocalyptic sci-fi settings. There's 270 billion planets and any player can contribute to the game's current network of player-built jumpgates, colonies, and soon, terraforming. The ultimate goal of the game is to find Earth. Scott Manley also made a video of it a while ago, but it's fairly dated. Even if the game doesn't interest you or you don't want to shell out $20, you may enjoy the video that I made, which obviously is inspired by the KSP Build Fly Dream video.

Good point. Still... we do have four examples in our Solar system - none of which comes even close to being such a "Lollipop dunked in industrial paint" level of garishness. It's a game... and those planets are just plain ugly :/ Earthlike planet on the other hand looked much, much better. Is the guy responsible for rendering gas giants color blind? :D

2 hours ago, Scotius said:

Good point. Still... we do have four examples in our Solar system - none of which comes even close to being such a "Lollipop dunked in industrial paint" level of garishness. It's a game... and those planets are just plain ugly :/ Earthlike planet on the other hand looked much, much better. Is the guy responsible for rendering gas giants color blind? :D

Maybe I should've picked another gas giant for that scene then, because most of the gas giants in the game don't look that eccentric. Same can be said for the spiky moons. Most gas giants look more normal, such as this one:

38mv2np.png

Also, the game is still in early-access development (which I should've made clear earlier) and is entirely developed by one person, so I guess some lack of polish is what you'd expect. :)

Edited by Clockwork13

On 9/20/2019 at 11:13 PM, Clockwork13 said:

To be fair, we only 'know' the appearance of a handful of gas giants, so it's possible that some may actually look like that.

No, it is not. They are governed by natural laws of physics and some things are just not possible. The game looks like an even more horrible looking early KSP and it's not just about one person developing it. It's about knowledge of astronomy and photography that's seriously lacking here.

I can't say anything about the gameplay but the trailer you made is interesting. You did a good job.

6 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

No, it is not. They are governed by natural laws of physics and some things are just not possible. The game looks like an even more horrible looking early KSP and it's not just about one person developing it. It's about knowledge of astronomy and photography that's seriously lacking here.

I can't say anything about the gameplay but the trailer you made is interesting. You did a good job.

I do agree that the gas giant is an eyesore, and that's a complaint that I, too brought up in the past when I first started playing the game. However, not all gas giants in the game look like that and I should've picked a different one.

i'll forward that complaint to the developer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.