KSP Loading... Preview: Action Groups in flight

St4rdust

Like, like, like, a thousand times like!!!! I know I’ve been asking and pushing for this for awhile! I’m very glad you guys listened and acted! I can’t wait to try it out! I know, I have to wait anyways...

Since you guys are listening, next on my wish list is..... KAC and TWP, integrated with your new maneuver node tweakamabobber? That's the low-hanging fruit, since those are TriggerAu's babies...

Oh, and maybe a little All Y'all while y'all are at it.

Can we have the like button back now pleeeease?

Edited by StrandedonEarth

17 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Like, like, like, a thousand times like!!!! I know I’ve been asking and pushing for this for awhile! I’m very glad you guys listened and acted! I can’t wait to try it out! I know, I have to wait anyways...

Since you guys are listening, next on my wish list is..... KAC and TWP, integrated with your new maneuver node tweakamabobber? That's the low-hanging fruit, since those are TriggerAu's babies...

KAC is an obvious next step, but I’d really like to see MechJeb-style advanced S.A.S. control: hold specific direction, force roll, align docking ports, etc.

28 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Yes, I am contractually obligated to like all mentions of All Y'All :D

And great job, Squad! I could see actually using action groups now. No, seriously that was actually the one thing that kept me from using them on a regular basis: My not realizing I wanted them until I was already mid-mission, or if I did make them beforehand, that I did something wrong in setting them up.

This looks like a big QoL improvement. To be fair it should have been implemented a long time ago but it looks as thought this implementation has been done well and had been integrated into the stock game UI very well so kudos the the people that have been working on this module. I'm sure it will be very well received.

One question, when editing action groups in flight, will we be able to move the camera around whilst the game is paused so that we can click on vessel parts more easily?

Out of all development studios out there, Squad possibly listens to their fanbase the most, or at least it's high up that list.

I never really had that big of a problem with action groups since I almost never assign any, but I can imagine how this is a massive relief to others!

Just one question: In the video it seemed like gameplay is paused while you're studying your action groups. Did I see that right?

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

This looks like a big QoL improvement. To be fair it should have been implemented a long time ago but it looks as thought this implementation has been done well and had been integrated into the stock game UI very well so kudos the the people that have been working on this module. I'm sure it will be very well received.

One question, when editing action groups in flight, will we be able to move the camera around whilst the game is paused so that we can click on vessel parts more easily?

Yes, can rotate and zoom the camera so you can select and configure

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

To be fair it should have been implemented a long time ago...

I appreciate the honesty in the video showing posts asking for this from 2013.  At least they're semi-aware how long this feature has been needed / requested.

It's frustrating that it took 8 years, but relieving that KSP is finally addressing some of the long standing issues like dv, twr, action groups, and art.  There's still a few more glaring issues I'd like resolved, but I am hopeful they'll be handled by the final update of KSP.  Maybe after 9 years we'll finally have that complete game, and I really do look forward to it.

5 hours ago, Delay said:

Out of all development studios out there, Squad possibly listens to their fanbase the most...

I suppose...  For some of us, it's just frustrating how long it's taken them to listen to us on some of these features.  Maybe something changed internally, but I'm pretty happy with the recent direction Squad has taken with the past few updates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.