St4rdust

KSP Loading... Preview: Action Groups in flight

I'm about to launch my first crewed landing mission to Eve with a beast of a vehicle that uses more action groups than ever before.

Hopefully 1.8 will be out by the time I can get started.

I love you guys so much. ^_^

*like* Biggest like of all times in fact. Just yesterday I couldn´t remember all the action groups on my asteroid tug. Love you guys :)

6 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

I suppose...  For some of us, it's just frustrating how long it's taken them to listen to us on some of these features.  Maybe something changed internally, but I'm pretty happy with the recent direction Squad has taken with the past few updates.

Indeed. That's also what I meant - the recent developments. It took long to get to this point, but now it's actually clear that our feedback can lead to changes.

16 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

I appreciate the honesty in the video showing posts asking for this from 2013. ...

It's frustrating that it took 8 years...

2013 + 8 = 2019

Seems legit. 

3 hours ago, Enceos said:

2013 + 8 = 2019

Seems legit. 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:46 PM, St4rdust said:

Happy 8th Anniversary Kerbonauts!

This past June 24th marks 8 years since our 0.7.3 version was released!

Thank you for the love and support over the years! 

Our wish is that you all keep exploring and collecting science throughout the universe!

Happy Launches Everyone!

fest.JPG

On 9/21/2019 at 4:05 AM, Delay said:

Just one question: In the video it seemed like gameplay is paused while you're studying your action groups. Did I see that right?

Yes, the game pauses when editing action groups. 

*like*

I can't count the ammount of times i took off without setting my action groups and had to click a million times to open all solar panels,antennas and radiators

Can't wait for the next update!

Nice. But I hope the final inplementation is better than this. 

Being able to activate AG with a click and having them name themselves intelligently is very much a good step in the right direction. 

You could allow us to ‘star’ certain actions so we have quick access to them even if they’re not bound to a AG key. (Would also solve the limited AG amount and remove the need to remember a number)

Edit: Basically change the feature request from "Allow access to the Action Groups menu in flight" to "Allow easy access to desired/marked/frequently used actions and allow the user to bind these actions to numberkeys if desired. (Ties in with Action Groups)"

Edited by Jognt

5 hours ago, nestor said:

Yes, the game pauses when editing action groups. 

Nifty. 

Edited by klgraham1013

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Would it be possible for you to add in  a feature where you can search for, say, all RAPIER engines and select them all at once? Or solar panels? That would be even better!

Ah, beautiful. Excellent addition to the game; can't wait to use it. make a catastrophic mistake in planning my ship, and use this to pull my butt out of the fire.

This is a great thing and the new update looks packed. HOWEVER can you please release a hotfix for surface science message spam?? I'm tired of clicking over 200x just to warp to Mun. 

I remember in the old days there was a mod that did this and it saved my bacon big time... I had to launch a rescue mission to Laythe and the rescue ship was a fairly large and unwieldy stack with 16 parachutes to set it down. (needed to save the propellant for lift off)

And back in those days there was a bug where previously deployed chutes would deploy again (without being armed) after being re-packed. Which wrecked the ship during takeoff. And I had saved... after repacking them. I had to reload and then use the AG editor mod to let me cut the chutes as soon as they deployed before they could wreck the ship.

It's good to see that functionality being added to stock.

12 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I remember in the old days there was a mod that did this and it saved my bacon big time... I had to launch a rescue mission to Laythe and the rescue ship was a fairly large and unwieldy stack with 16 parachutes to set it down. (needed to save the propellant for lift off)

And back in those days there was a bug where previously deployed chutes would deploy again (without being armed) after being re-packed. Which wrecked the ship during takeoff. And I had saved... after repacking them. I had to reload and then use the AG editor mod to let me cut the chutes as soon as they deployed before they could wreck the ship.

It's good to see that functionality being added to stock.

Yup.  Action Group Manager.  I'll be able to retire it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.