Key's don't work!!

I was getting some help trying to dock some vessels. When I was told I should use [ and ] to change vessel control.

Nothing happened... and in setting when remapping them they came in as alpha 8 and 9..

So I said well love that I remap them to 8 and 9... minor issue no big deal..

Then ingame 8 and 9 still don't do anything!!! I mean what... And I can change vessel in the map view because they are so close together can choose one over another!

Edit: Steam - Win 10
All standard settings. exept that twaekables are activated!

Edited by Oqt1
add

11 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @Oqt1,

You need to be within 2.2 km for [ and ] to work. You can use the map view or the tracking station if you are further away than that.

I'm around 30 meters away..

And that don't explain why I can't press [ and ] in the menu settings. As you see it works fine here.

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

What keyboard layout do you have? I have a German keyboard, QWERTZ, so switching vessel for me is + and ü, the both keys right from the p-key.

A danish I guess.. I think it goes as QWERTY.. but tried to change to the german. but that messed up a hole bit. to changed back to UK.

However. have change the vessel shift to page up and down. they react ingame. However still seeking a solution to original problem. 

I see, probably a keyboard issue then. I also do use the Swiss keyboard, had to change several key mappings for it, for example "reset focus" is now mapped to §, which is ^ on the "normal" keyboard. I suggest you go to the keyboard mappings and simply try out what key corresponds to what "in-game key", focusing more on the actual key position than it's content.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.