Hey StarTheory! Will there be a KSP2 update thread anytime soon?

Talavar

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in how the game is progressing. I know this can be a "pandora's box" type of move in development, but it doesn't have to be very descriptive (as to keep all the pessimists at bay). Just small updates on how things are progressing. AKA (we're 60% done implementing multiplayer, or something similar). Would be nice to have little bump updates.

Not updates on what they're working on, that's not worth but I'm dying to have more infos.

I really hope the next info dump, interview, trailer or something is near.

7 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

You know since there is a KSP2 section, there will probably be other subforums inside the KSP2 section, so I assume that's where it'll be.

Obviously, but just asking if/when/timeframe/etc, since it doesn't exist yet.

Edited by Talavar

Squad has said Star Theory will start interacting with the forums when the KSP 2 fourms gets up and running. Yes, there's more sections coming.

But before that can happen, Squad said they need to upgrade their servers.

Edited by GoldForest

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Squad has said Star Theory will start interacting with the forums when the KSP 2 fourms gets up and running. Yes, there's more sections coming.

But before that can happen, Squad said they need to upgrade their servers.

Right on, thanks GoldForest. :D

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

I have serious doubts that Star Theory is sitting on tons of information that they're dying to give us but don't think we want to know, so are just waiting for someone to ask.

They'll tell us when they're ready, whatever their reasons for being ready or not are.

It is my reading of the situation too.

We will know that development picked up a pace when something like a dev diary starts appearing.

Edited by Daniel Prates

15 hours ago, Talavar said:

AKA (we're 60% done implementing multiplayer, or something similar). 

I don't like to see that happen. See, they may be at 60% but then a gamebreaking bug happens and they're back to 20% cuz they have rewrite a ton of code to avoid that.

So no digits in the progress info, that only creates a hype (and if something goes wrong, disappointment).

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I don't like to see that happen. See, they may be at 60% but then a gamebreaking bug happens and they're back to 20% cuz they have rewrite a ton of code to avoid that.

So no digits in the progress info, that only creates a hype (and if something goes wrong, disappointment).

Agreed, though I would like them to at least give us some updates.

And also, from the sound of some of the interviews, Multiplayer is almost finished since Nate has said they have never laughed so hard before during multiplayer test sessions. Of course, everything can change like you said. In fact, they could finish multiplayer, move on to working on the fix for Rask and Rusk, complete that only to find multiplayer broke. So yeah, no specifics, just vague things like:
"Multiplayer is passing the Karman line."
"Rask and Rusk are playing nice finally."
"Colony completion pending."

Kerbal-like updates. 

Updates on the development containing tangible progress information are IMHO highly unlikely / improbable. They are also not required to inform us about their progress at all. But you know, what I would like is some kind of development blog coming out at irregular intervals, as the development progresses, that would give us more information about game specific, like features, the GUI, how colonization works, how modding will/might look in the future etc.

3 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Yeah numbers are bad. It's well known that 90% of the code takes 90% of the time, and the remaining 10% takes the other 90%.

So, in total 180%.
100% until the deadline + 80% after.

Edited by kerbiloid

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

And also, from the sound of some of the interviews, Multiplayer is almost finished since Nate has said they have never laughed so hard before during multiplayer test sessions.

They could also be laughing at the hilarious bugs...

13 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

We will know that development picked up a pace when something like a dev diary starts appearing.

They're not the indie developers you're used to.

This game is being made by a professional studio and is under a well thought out marketing campaign by one of the biggest publishers, probably what they reveal and in what order has nothing to do with what they're working on right now.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

"Oh Lord grant me patience, but please be quick with it."

This one gets me every time, (my wife has it on a fridge magnet).

Proof, if ever there was, that you need it, as we all do. :D