Mod keyboard

AstroPawian

@AstroPawian, My guess would be so that when people are making instructional videos, the people watching said videos will know which keys are being pressed and when to associate them with the actions they're seeing in the video.

Similar to a lot of Blender tutorials I've seen, where they install an add-on that displays which keys are being pressed.

Also, moving to Add-on Discussions.

As a long-time Dvorak user, I can see it being useful to me as well.  Many of the keyboard controls (in this and a lot of other games) are laid out in a 'useful' but not necessarily mnemonic formation.  Change the layout, and they can be hard to learn - just looking at that implies a few things to me about the control scheme for KSP that I've never learnt because what keys do aren't linked to what the keys are other than by their placement.

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Lapis said:

my guess would be an external program, or plugin for video editing software that overlays the keyboard onto the game after it is recorded.

Mine too, was just wondering if there was a mod available.  I never heard of one, so...

I found a nice list of virtual keyboards here:

https://thegeekpage.com/free-on-screen-virtual-keyboards/

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.