When you go to the toilet, but your game is still running...

Triop

This never happens to me because the thought alone of this happening is enough for me to consistently pause the game. I even pause the game when I know nothing bad can happen, like a craft in a perfectly stable orbit. This last bit is actually annoying to me, but I can't help myself. OCD I guess...

55 minutes ago, T-Bouw said:

This never happens to me because the thought alone of this happening is enough for me to consistently pause the game.

Well, I also used to be like this. But Breaking Ground powered propeller aircraft are extremely physics-warp unfriendly. So flying longer trips can take really long times. I mean really long. I actually had a shower while one of my planes was traversing Eve.

49 minutes ago, AHHans said:

Well, I also used to be like this. But Breaking Ground powered propeller aircraft are extremely physics-warp unfriendly. So flying longer trips can take really long times. I mean really long. I actually had a shower while one of my planes was traversing Eve.

Wow, that's amazing! That has to be a very stable plane.

8 minutes ago, T-Bouw said:

Wow, that's amazing! That has to be a very stable plane.

Well, not really. With the robotic parts some of the pieces of vessels tend to shift against each other over time. In particular on Eve. (I suspect that when a craft is loaded the landing legs push against the rest of the craft and move around the pieces that they are connected to.) But with SAS on it flies straight as an arrow. (Not really. Those curve downwards.) One trick is to point the plane slightly downwards, so that when the planet curves away it doesn't wind up pointing too far upwards and getting too high before you are back. :cool:

2 hours ago, T-Bouw said:

This never happens to me because the thought alone of this happening is enough for me to consistently pause the game.

This, plus the concept of doing something in the game that required multiple minutes, such as

1 hour ago, AHHans said:

Breaking Ground powered propeller aircraft are extremely physics-warp unfriendly. So flying longer trips can take really long times. I mean really long. I actually had a shower while one of my planes was traversing Eve.

...I would just not do it. No thanks no how. If it doesn't require my input for more than about 10 seconds and I can't time warp through it, I'm not going to do it.

I'd rather play another game that I can actually interact with.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

If it doesn't require my input for more than about 10 seconds

While I tend to agree with you I do give the chore of routine launches to MJ since I've done enough for them to be boring and, usually, I can't timewarp through them because of atmosphere.  Needing to go to the loo is sometimes a reason for launch-scheduling, rather than vice versa!

Edited by Pecan

4 hours ago, Pecan said:

While I tend to agree with you I do give the chore of routine launches to MJ since I've done enough for them to be boring and, usually, I can't timewarp through them because of atmosphere.  Needing to go to the loo is sometimes a reason for launch-scheduling, rather than vice versa!

That's what routine mission manager is for :)

Though if the launches are mundane I usually stop being engaged with the career.

Hmm... Since recently I frequently use MechJeb for launches, I'll just let my whole launch sequence going while I'm preparing my instant noodles or going for a toilet break. Basically nothing happened.

Except when there's a time when I left my airstair truck rolling down a runway of a KSR airport during my prayer break. Ended up splashing the water with some parts lost. (Yes, I've tumbled down a cliff at the end of the runway)

But I think just leaving your craft running on autopilot is very useful since you could do anything while your Physics Warp-sensitive jet hydrofoil do an Elkano around Laythe. And that's what I'm planning to do in this year end's holiday. Send RelaySat(s) to Laythe, bring my Hydrafoil (Available on KerbalX) and four fuel tanks, land the payloads, stage the jet, engage MechJeb's Atmo. Autopilot, open up another game (In my case, on a different device since multitasking with KSP open really lagged my laptop out) and let my Elkano mission going.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

• 3 weeks later...

I had an almost-disaster in my no-restart, limited-quicksave career, although no bodily functions were involved. I've got two computers and I switched to the other one to do some stuff for a few minutes with KSP running on the other. When I got back, I noticed that the main (atomic) thrusters on my focused craft -- TANTOR-I, the ore miner / tanker --  were lit... at very low power, but they had been burning for several minutes.

Previously in orbit of Ike. Now on an escape trajectory out of Duna. 

Luckily I caught it just in time. I was able to get back to the station parked around Duna. It still had enough reserve fuel that I was able to fill up, get back to Ike surface, load up on ore, and return to continue the mission. If I hadn't, TANTOR-I would likely have been on an escape trajectory out of the Sun before it ran out of fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.