DAKAR 2020 concept open for suggestions

Triop

4 hours ago, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

Call me stupid.

No need for insults. :)

But what is a Dakar race?

It's a KSP race challenge in the spirit of the Dakar Rally, a off-road endurance race with both professional and amatuer entrants, known for breaking cars and people.

Sounds FREAKING AWSOME!!

Well, of course.  It's from the fevered mind of @Triop. :)

And I didn't see the page changed and @DoctorDavinci had already replied. :)

Edited by Jacke

On 12/26/2019 at 12:05 AM, Triop said:

No problem, the route is not a secret, here is the save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/or3r8oqi9ga7bzi/persistent.sfs?dl=0

You will find all flags in there for the coordinates.

I can host your mod on the Dakar challenge as a extra option.

But I'd like to see other people coming up with rally's, so I can just drive and not host... :wink:

The link seems to be down for the save file, could you take a look at that Triop.

Guys, I have been ill these last days and today I've been taken to the hospital.

I've got breathing problems and it turns out it's bad... :(

I don't know how long I have to stay in the hospital but I do know I can't host the Dakar from here.

So I'm asking @DoctorDavinci to take over the Dakar challenge (If he wants to).

I can follow the event from my laptop here, but I'm afraid I'm not going to see my PC for the first week.

They have hooked me up with oxigen and infuus and I feel like Robocop. :lol:

These last days have been hectic and confusing for me and I need some time to let it all sink in...

I'll be back... :cool:

6 minutes ago, Triop said:

Guys, I have been ill these last days and today I've been taken to the hospital.

I've got breathing problems and it turns out it's bad... :(

I don't know how long I have to stay in the hospital but I do know I can't host the Dakar from here.

So I'm asking @DoctorDavinci to take over the Dakar challenge (If he wants to).

I can follow the event from my laptop here, but I'm afraid I'm not going to see my PC for the first week.

They have hooked me up with oxigen and infuus and I feel like Robocop. :lol:

These last days have been hectic and confusing for me and I need some time to let it all sink in...

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather ... I'm sure everyone feels the same

Of course I'll set up the Dakar 2020 challenge for you, I still have your save file that you sent me and the track files are already made and in the latest release of  OrX Kontinuum so everything is pretty much ready to go ... just need to set up a challenge thread

So it shall be written ... So it shall be done

14 minutes ago, Triop said:

I'll be back... :cool:

'Get to the choppah' :)

6 minutes ago, Triop said:

But I'm not dead yet. -_-

I'm sure you'll be up and racing again in no time :wink:

I have everything I need to set up the thread however I'm just serving as a surrogate host for you ... Your challenge, your rules and you have final say in anything that may come up although, seeing as the previous KSP Dakar challenges was more about just finishing the race and sharing your experience, the leaderboard or scoreboard from OrX K really aren't that important

For those who don't want to wait to start racing, as mentioned previously in this thread, OrX K has the track files included in it's download ... if you do not want to install OrX K then just download the Kerbal.Dakar.2020.sfs file, however if you do install OrX K then the Kerbal.Dakar.2020.sfs file is not needed

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/OrX_Kontinuum/releases/tag/0.1.1.4777

I'll have the thread up and running by new years day

16 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

KSP Dakar challenges was more about just finishing the race and sharing your experience, the leaderboard or scoreboard from OrX K really aren't that important

Indeed, just have fun completing the waypoints, that's hard enough.

This is my first night in a hospital and it all feels very strange, I don't think I'm up to hosting anything right now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.