[WIP][1.7.3] RVE64k

pingopete

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that many people that use RVE 64k are experiencing some issues with other planets-- namely with an white ring in place of the planet's atmosphere. It seems that @DAXIN has isolated the issue down to an "assetPath" located in what seems to be\GameData\RVE\Configs\Scatterer_Configs\Mars

This mentioned "assetPath" is directed towards RSSVE/Textures/ScatterTextures/Mars which brings me to the conclusion that Mars, Jupiter, Venus etc... do not have configured scatterer shader configurations.

I am aware that the OP mentions that this mod is for usage only Earth orbit- which is fine yet upon looking at @DAXIN 's post history, it appears that he managed to solve this issue. (https://imgur.com/a/DCVOOpU)

His post was later removed due to violations. However, IF there is a possible fix for this... which is shown in the aforementioned photos, then It would be absolutely amazing if It could be shared? 

I and many others love the Earth aspect of RVE64k, but also would like to still go to other planets without the buggy atmosphere. 

I will try to look for a fix in this unless someone already knows a fix and would like to share. Possibilities may be creating an entirely new scatterer config (or maybe using an older version of RVE's scatterer?)

Thanks. 

If I get some time I might try and update this to the latest ksp, required/recommended mods, and try and add support so this can be run with other planet visuals from other mods 

Edited by pingopete

Might I suggest adding the option to only use the clouds? So one could use @VaNnadin's 16k textures, because your textures looked a bit weird (no criticism), when seen from the ground. I know that this is happening, because it's not actually a ground-texture, but more like a high-res cover for the ground, as KSP doesnt allow higher than 16k ground-textures.

Edited by rettter3

On 2/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, sadina said:

Have you solved this problem? It is so annoying to see those plant with a write ring.

Yes.You use RSSVE update RVE. RVE64 does not configure planets other than Earth.

Like this file ,\GameData\RVE\Configs\Scatterer_Configs\Mars,

Please note that RSSVE is universal.I have already configured it, but since I am in China, some policy issues make it difficult for me to get a license, and I am lazy:P, so I cannot upload my configuration

BTW if you guys aren't getting city lights as sharp/defined as this you need to do the 'eve city lights apply' trick (whenever the view position changes e.g. Atmosphere to Space, or loading a vessel; the city lights are placed on top of the terrain layer and thus show the rough mask resolution and do not shine through the 64k terrain cutout).

ImpartialRedBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Higher Quality Gif

Edited by pingopete

you must be already know but just to make sure, the new TUFX postfx mod by @Shadowmage provides HDR mode so you may can fix night artifact with it. 

according to its forum page, it's not working with KS3P but when I've tried, it worked together. just postFX is applied twice. so you just need to choose which mod you're gonna use per each effect. for example, KS3P doesn't support SMAA but TUFX does, or KS3P's ambient occlusion is better than TUFX's one(in my opinion.). so you can turn on KS3P's AO and TUFX's AA and turn off KS3P's AA and TUFX's AO, it will work super well.

and about citylight scattering, EVE doesn't support negative value anymore so you're gonna need to fix it

Edited by VaNnadin

59 minutes ago, VaNnadin said:

you must be already know but just to make sure, the new TUFX postfx mod by @Shadowmage provides HDR mode so you may can fix night artifact with it. 

according to its forum page, it's not working with KS3P but when I've tried, it worked together. just postFX is applied twice. so you just need to choose which mod you're gonna use per each effect. for example, KS3P doesn't support SMAA but TUFX does, or KS3P's ambient occlusion is better than TUFX's one(in my opinion.). so you can turn on KS3P's AO and TUFX's AA and turn off KS3P's AA and TUFX's AO, it will work super well.

and about citylight scattering, EVE doesn't support negative value anymore so you're gonna need to fix it

OK thanks for that, I'll try out SMAA.

And this is very concerning regarding no negative values, basically how everything on the dark side works, which version with EVE was this for? 1.8.1?

Edited by pingopete

1 hour ago, VaNnadin said:

- HDR is not working properly with  EVE clouds. All the sky is black so I decided to not use HDR for the moment.

- I think it not a good idea to mix KS3P and TUFX. I'm using the latest Multi Scale Volumetric occlusion because it has better performance and once tweaked it doesn't look bad

uc?id=1V6opQY9oXgVoJCR9P-bQ-fI39XjKW4QN

uc?id=1IHqAqABsSSTIdBKEI0_hB0mnFp4G3Kno

@jrodriguez as you can see HDR function is working good with me. there is no problem with EVE clouds. I'm using 1.8.1 and latest KS3P and TUFX mods.

and about AO, it was just example and I'm not forcing it. in my case I couldn't manage TUFX's AO effect so I choosed KS3P's one.

uc?id=1SZWeeLZG2EhYkRWW3w-rudm99EHTw2xM

uc?id=1iftpQgqqexhr0K7jABUsgdwtjSg53xY6

@pingopete this shows HDR function. I'm tweaking details of each cfgs now. and I'm using KSP 1.8.1.

Edited by VaNnadin

On 3/19/2020 at 11:28 AM, jrodriguez said:

- HDR is not working properly with  EVE clouds. All the sky is black so I decided to not use HDR for the moment.

- I think it not a good idea to mix KS3P and TUFX. I'm using the latest Multi Scale Volumetric occlusion because it has better performance and once tweaked it doesn't look bad

Ok I haven't fired up EVE yet with the latest game, still waiting on some other dependancies, thanks for the info though, from my testing in ks3p 1.9.1 the AO looks absolutely fine so far.

Took some pictures with the component space shuttle in orbit, turned out pretty nice :)

haVaxmL.png

YQQitII.png

aWqY5Ep.png

xffm3Iw.png

Album below:

https://imgur.com/a/ez0AGNM

Edited by pingopete

On 3/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, rettter3 said:

Might I suggest adding the option to only use the clouds? So one could use @VaNnadin's 16k textures, because your textures looked a bit weird (no criticism), when seen from the ground. I know that this is happening, because it's not actually a ground-texture, but more like a high-res cover for the ground, as KSP doesnt allow higher than 16k ground-textures.

I understand, and none taken lol, the system used here is super hacky, and only really looks ok from orbit, there might be ways of mitigating it in the future to some extent, but for now I wan't to just get the 64k aspect of this mod working to some degree of reliability, might look at doing something like you suggest in the future though

3 hours ago, VaNnadin said:

btw how can I make your land texture visible only in space? 

There are ways with EVE to hide cloud layers within a certain distance to POV however I couldnt get them to work properly in 1.7.3, atm they terrain layer is only just above sea level so when you enter PQS and the terrain becomes 3D the 64k terrain layer is hidden under ground, I made it so Scaled Space Earth is 2D so in space it's visible. The terrain layer has transparency over water also

Has anyone been able to get scatterer working with RSS in KSP 1.9.1? I know RSS can be made to work, I've seen people running scatterer and EVE in 191 seemingly fine, however I am unable to mitigate this bug while in PQS:

eJUqs0a.png

I have tried a completely fresh install of 1.9.1, and forced dx12, but am unable to remove this issue in atmosphere.

For the record Scatterer does seem to run fine while viewing a craft in scaled space/orbit and from the tracking station, but the main menu and map view both either show black atmosphere or no scattering and in those scenarios the scatterer GUI says that Earth can't be found.

@drodriguez0907 maybe you could share the process of installation and mod versions you used to get it working, as I tried you exact zip file but still get this issue unfortunately

EDIT: Disregard, just tried using the recompile here and got it working in RSS!

Edited by pingopete

46 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Has anyone been able to get scatterer working with RSS in KSP 1.9.1? I know RSS can be made to work, I've seen people running scatterer and EVE in 191 seemingly fine, however I am unable to mitigate this bug while in PQS:

eJUqs0a.png

I have tried a completely fresh install of 1.9.1, and forced dx12, but am unable to remove this issue in atmosphere.

For the record Scatterer does seem to run fine while viewing a craft in scaled space/orbit and from the tracking station, but the main menu and map view both either show black atmosphere or no scattering and in those scenarios the scatterer GUI says that Earth can't be found.

@drodriguez0907 maybe you could share the process of installation and mod versions you used to get it working, as I tried you exact zip file but still get this issue unfortunately 

That looks like the horizon for Kerbin-sized planet.

I also made new scatterer textures so that may have been a factor in getting it working.

Thanks @hypervelocity :)

I think I may actually switch to TUFX, it has AO which works in RSS and some extra features such as anamorphic bloom :D

RSS with TUFX and scatterer already looks great! I'll post some more pictures later..

This is without any of RVE terrain/clouds etc, can't wait to get into it

MdQ5mos.jpg

jrYqmMM.png

u6tnvqp.png

s0JlFuM.png

ALBUM first 6 images are without scatterer and tufx, the rest are.

Edited by pingopete

13 hours ago, pingopete said:

I also made new scatterer textures so that may have been a factor in getting it working.

Thanks @hypervelocity :)

I think I may actually switch to TUFX, it has AO which works in RSS and some extra features such as anamorphic bloom :D

RSS with TUFX and scatterer already looks great! I'll post some more pictures later..

This is without any of RVE terrain/clouds etc, can't wait to get into it

MdQ5mos.jpg

jrYqmMM.png

u6tnvqp.png

s0JlFuM.png

ALBUM first 6 images are without scatterer and tufx, the rest are.

This looks amazing @pingopete looking forward to give a try! Regarding TUFX and KS3P I think the best option at the moment is to mix both of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.