[WIP][1.7.3] RVE64k

pingopete

On 4/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jim123 said:

Ive been using this for version 1.8.1 of ksp everything works fine but the scatter effects at the ground are a bit buggy im not running Dx11 though but my PC is running it fine im getting 40-60 FPS. Here is a picture of the bug.https://imgur.com/a/kxhaYJ0

I also have this same issue, have not been able to get any assistance or even get noticed anywhere. I think it may be an issue with RSS compatibility but im not sure. This also happened in my 1.7.3 install and i was forced to downgrade RSS to the 16.2 version to even get it playable.

ok, I've been trying to get multiple other 64+K textures up and running, how on earth did pingopete get cubemaps working for surface textures, I'm so lost... I have a ton of face (Xn, Yn, Zp etc) textures done but no earthly idea how to assign them to a planet...

Is there a tutorial out there I missed, I've been looking around for a week or two

EDIT: also what TUFX profile is pingopete using? asking for a friend ;) 

Edited by lk00david

21 hours ago, lk00david said:

ok, I've been trying to get multiple other 64+K textures up and running, how on earth did pingopete get cubemaps working for surface textures, I'm so lost... I have a ton of face (Xn, Yn, Zp etc) textures done but no earthly idea how to assign them to a planet...

Is there a tutorial out there I missed, I've been looking around for a week or two

EDIT: also what TUFX profile is pingopete using? asking for a friend ;) 

What Pingopete did was to use EVE  to render the Cubemap when orbit altitude is achieved. However, you will not be able to see the 64k textures from ground.

To be honest I'm not using the 64k Cubemap because it doesn't make sense to only have 64k in orbit. KSP surface texture maps doesn't support cubemaps or 64k textures so you can only use 32k max.

Edited by jrodriguez

11 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

What Pingopete did was to use Scatterer to render de Cubemap when orbit altitude is achieved. However, you will not be able to see the 64k textures from ground.

To be honest I'm not using the 64k Cubemap because it doesn't make sense to only have 64k in orbit. KSP surface texture maps doesn't support cubemaps or 64k textures so you can only use 32k max.

I can't even get past 16k but maybe I'm doing something wrong... well either way, I just started a conversation thread with the devs about this. I feel it wouldn't be too hard to implement support for cubemaps, since kopernicus can't do anything until ksp supports it. 

so here goes...

Edited by lk00david
fixing punctuation and grammar

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I got this mod to run on this laptop. (Forgive English but I'm Italian)

KNjMk7D.png

Beautiful view from 2000km

jRCj9Lx.png

2000km

2mLFmWx.png

Sunset from 2000km

Cyykrsw.png

City lights from 2000km

7NQ7aSA.png

Another city lights always from 2000km

b5a0fER.png

Sunrise from 2000km (Most of my screenshots were taken from 2000km:sticktongue:)

5QqiNY5.png

2000km

XJmfeOJ.png

Last image from 2000km

8sd4x7h.png

250km view of Venezuela, Guyana and Suriname

Despite the lag and the fps, I enjoyed the show. Now my pc can rest in peace.

Hi,

I installed this on KSP 1.9.1 and forced DX11.  I'm using the latest EVE (I know it's outdated, but still) and on the gas giants, a white shell appears on the sides of them.  I tried "Map EVE Clouds" and the issue didn't go away.  I know somebody managed to get this to work on 1.9.1 though.  Can anyone help me?  I understand if nobody can because of the outdated mods.

Thanks.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, UZZO007 said:

I don't know how I got this mod to run on this laptop. (Forgive English but I'm Italian)

KNjMk7D.png

Beautiful view from 2000km

jRCj9Lx.png

2000km

2mLFmWx.png

Sunset from 2000km

Cyykrsw.png

City lights from 2000km

7NQ7aSA.png

Another city lights always from 2000km

b5a0fER.png

Sunrise from 2000km (Most of my screenshots were taken from 2000km:sticktongue:)

5QqiNY5.png

2000km

XJmfeOJ.png

Last image from 2000km

8sd4x7h.png

250km view of Venezuela, Guyana and Suriname

Despite the lag and the fps, I enjoyed the show. Now my pc can rest in peace.

That's epic, it would seem the heavy strickery I did on memory reduction made quite a difference :)

51 minutes ago, UZZO007 said:

I am amazed! I think I already have an idea, but could you tell me the mods you used to get these images?

RVE64k, Scatterer, TUFX (post processing effects)

On 7/25/2020 at 1:07 PM, pingopete said:

Some testing in 1.9.1

Are there any issues with other planets' atmospheres?  I tried to run it and the atmospheres of other planets were covered by this white shell-like thing.

On 27/7/2020 at 13:23, pingopete said:

È epico, sembrerebbe che il pesante disprezzo che ho fatto sulla riduzione della memoria abbia fatto la differenza :)

RVE64k, Scatterer, TUFX (effetti post elaborazione)

Ok, thank you very much. This time I will not try this mod with version 1.9 on my laptop otherwise I believe it will die:D

Edited by UZZO007

1 hour ago, Entropian said:

Are there any issues with other planets' atmospheres?  I tried to run it and the atmospheres of other planets were covered by this white shell-like thing.

Have only really been working with earth so far, I have noticed this on the other planets though, although I'm pretty sure it'd be an easy fix

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.