[WIP][1.7.3] RVE64k

pingopete

On 9/26/2019 at 6:48 PM, v44n said:

I was so exited for this! I am testing It right now!

V44n did you managed to get this working? I know you've been following this through pre release, it sounds like other people haven't had that issue, let me know if you still get problems 

On 9/26/2019 at 7:16 PM, AndrewDraws said:

Absolutely incredible.

The cloud light pollution thing is very clever and I would've never thought of that.

Thanks! I just randomly had the idea while figuring out the method I was gonna use for lightning, it definitely seems to bring it closer to the nasa iss night footage I've seen

Edited by pingopete

38 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

@pingopete I have been the whole day playing with my rssve setup and mixing it with your amazing RVE.

Here are some nice pics! Thank you again for making this possible :)

iuKx5qY.png

URJehqu.png
2NNphdR.png
CocbkqC.png

Awesome! Always nice to see it running ok on other peoples computers. Btw about those high res earth textures, would you happen to have a non dds version of the earthColour 16k I might be able to use in this pack? I can't open 16k dds in photoshop without it crashing sadly, I tried converting the current 16k dds into png/bmp and raw but it looses the alpha colours (I.e. land) no matter what I do.

Also I had some other people asking about ksp 1.6.1 compatability for RO, could you lend some details on what you had to modify to get it working? RSS/EVE/Scatterer versions necessary?

Edited by pingopete

On 9/27/2019 at 1:51 PM, pingopete said:

I don't know exactly, you'd have to experiment but I included my specs and performance in the documentation, also thats halarious, although the older generation isn't exactly that great and finding the line between cgi and realist from my personal experience :P

Ah right, you made the 16k RSS texture pack? I'm actually using that in my install anyway! Although I'm currently making my own version of the 16k earth colour with changed alpha values as the high res overlaying terrain cubemap isn't having it's full potential currently as the smaller rivers don't have reflections shining through

I didn't have time to test. But now It works wonders! I started the installation all again and this time It works. Launching with ckan and this command lines (KSP_x64.exe -single-instance -force-d3d11)

Its really Incredible. I am not sure how many fps I have but more than 30 for sure! Totally playable RAM goes from 7k to 9k.

https://imgur.com/a/DTTErVD (Jeb over Melbourne)

My PC specs are :

I7 5820K
GeForce 1060

I will keep testing & playing around, I want to get all the art posible out of It! Is wayyyy too incredible!

*EDITED*

I am not sure If I have RVE working right, I had the RSS 8k pack installed so I can't tell if picture of jeb over melbourne is 8k or the RVE 64k. 

I deleted the 8k RSS pack from gamedata and the game wont load anymore. So seems like I am still having the same problem

This is how my gamedata folder looks like!;

https://ibb.co/9cpgYz6

How do you guys install RSS? with a texture pack? which one? or none at all?

Edited by v44n

This is amazing , even my nutty PC is struggling , but it's playable .

Earth-2-7.png

Earth-2-8.png

Earth-2-9.png

ISS-15.png

screenshot13.png

screenshot14.png

One question how would I mod the bloom settings as in sunlight it basically reflects so much I can't see some of the spacecraft parts lmao

Edited to erm show yer the rather bright Sunrise

screenshot16.png

Edited by Puggonaut 2

10 hours ago, v44n said:

I didn't have time to test. But now It works wonders! I started the installation all again and this time It works. Launching with ckan and this command lines (KSP_x64.exe -single-instance -force-d3d11)

Its really Incredible. I am not sure how many fps I have but more than 30 for sure! Totally playable RAM goes from 7k to 9k.

https://imgur.com/a/DTTErVD (Jeb over Melbourne)

My PC specs are :

I7 5820K
GeForce 1060

I will keep testing & playing around, I want to get all the art posible out of It! Is wayyyy too incredible!

*EDITED*

I am not sure If I have RVE working right, I had the RSS 8k pack installed so I can't tell if picture of jeb over melbourne is 8k or the RVE 64k. 

I deleted the 8k RSS pack from gamedata and the game wont load anymore. So seems like I am still having the same problem

This is how my gamedata folder looks like!;

https://ibb.co/9cpgYz6

How do you guys install RSS? with a texture pack? which one? or none at all?

Wait so you had it working? What did you change? Removing RSSTextures files will break rss, other than that I can only assume you have an incorrect version of one of the dependencies, I have linked all the correct versions in the front page, maybe try a fresh install using specifically those links?

2 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

This is amazing , even my nutty PC is struggling , but it's playable .

Earth-2-7.png

Earth-2-8.png

Earth-2-9.png

ISS-15.png

screenshot13.png

screenshot14.png

One question how would I mod the bloom settings as in sunlight it basically reflects so much I can't see some of the spacecraft parts lmao

Edited to erm show yer the rather bright Sunrise

screenshot16.png

Nice! Yeah the short-key for the ks3p gui is (Left Alt + 3), go into the profile selection bit and select the PnigoPete RVE config, then select which effects you want to adjust/disable/enable, the config I wrote includes some configured effects which I disabled by default as they produce some visual artifacts, but you might want to try them: Depth of Field, motion blur etc

Edited by pingopete

26 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Nice! Yeah the short-key for the ks3p gui is (Left Alt + 3), go into the profile selection bit and select the PnigoPete RVE config, then select which effects you want to adjust/disable/enable, the config I wrote includes some configured effects which I disabled by default as they produce some visual artifacts, but you might want to try them: Depth of Field, motion blur etc

Ok thanks for that will give that a look at . 

One other Question in the Standard KSP Graphics Settings , what do you set yours up as ?

6 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

Ok thanks for that will give that a look at . 

One other Question in the Standard KSP Graphics Settings , what do you set yours up as ?

I can't remember exactly what antialiasing setting I had, probably the highest, I think the rest was all just standard for a good pc, the reflection setting were 512 resolution and medium or low refreshrate, I tried 1024 resolution and on every frame but my frames took a massive hit. I also use the ks3p antialiasing which, while reducing sharpness massively helps reduce moire patterns on the city lights, this setting is set on by default in the configs I provided in the DL

11 minutes ago, pingopete said:

I can't remember exactly what antialiasing setting I had, probably the highest, I think the rest was all just standard for a good pc, the reflection setting were 512 resolution and medium or low refreshrate, I tried 1024 resolution and on every frame but my frames took a massive hit. I also use the ks3p antialiasing which, while reducing sharpness massively helps reduce moire patterns on the city lights, this setting is set on by default in the configs I provided in the DL

Thanks again , that helps lots got my reflections set to max , so that explains a few erm issues lol , will also look at the refresh rate . 

4 hours ago, pingopete said:

Wait so you had it working? What did you change? Removing RSSTextures files will break rss, other than that I can only assume you have an incorrect version of one of the dependencies, I have linked all the correct versions in the front page, maybe try a fresh install using specifically those links?

I finally made It work! IDK what happend before, I installed the 2k textures and now It works amazing

Africa at 5k

https://imgur.com/gEjoQ0v

do not go gentle into that good night

https://imgur.com/LZvZow3

Edited by v44n

2 hours ago, v44n said:

I finally made It work! IDK what happend before, I installed the 2k textures and now It works amazing

Africa at 5k

https://imgur.com/gEjoQ0v

do not go gentle into that good night

https://imgur.com/LZvZow3

Great to hear! I do love the way the Eye adaption from ks3p mimics camera auto aperture.

To everyone, you will need to occationally re adjust the cloud shadows, they become offset over time:

RAlt + 0 > Cloud config page > Scroll down to MainCloudShadows > Select and Scroll Down to offset > will be 180.(something) adjust this value in 0.1 intervals while over clouds to re-align them.

I Still need to calculate the correct speed difference based on distance difference to Earths center between clouds and shadow, but I suck at maths sooo someone help me plz :3

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

So beautiful. :D

I'd love to see Kerbin look this good someday. -- those shorelines!

Thanks! I'm hoping Waz will help implement a system in EVE to allow mapping these textures directly onto the planets surface, this would fix a ton of issues and make this an actual viable method all round, not just when in orbit. I've posted on the EVE thread to try and persuade it'd be worthwhile but we'll have to wait and see. As for stock planets, I'll probably leave that to someone else to port across as SVE was to RVE, I still need to actually make this mod for RSS first :P

35 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

So I've borrowed a Profile for KS3P from AVP , also borrowed the Suncfg from JNSQ and finally added the sunflare from Kabrams  sunflare pack and got this

RVE-1.png

RVE-2.png

RVE-3.png

Just an idea .

Yeah I plan to make my own sunflare at some point, does that profile use colour grading? wondering how you got that nice ark blue horizon without a different scatterer shader

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

Yeah I plan to make my own sunflare at some point, does that profile use colour grading? wondering how you got that nice ark blue horizon without a different scatterer shader

Honestly I don't know , I just dragged and dropped the cfg and other parts in and tried it .

EDIT

Oh I also tried your mod without KS3P & got this .

NOBloom.png

I do like KS3P a lot but the cfg seems to oversaturate the scene at certain times it looks like a Atomic Bomb was dropped lmao . No offense intended as I know your MOD is WIP and it's amazing , the night light views are well , stunning to say the least .

Edited by Puggonaut 2

2 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Honestly I don't know , I just dragged and dropped the cfg and other parts in and tried it .

EDIT

Oh I also tried your mod without KS3P & got this .

NOBloom.png

I do like KS3P a lot but the cfg seems to oversaturate the scene at certain times it looks like a Atomic Bomb was dropped lmao . No offense intended as I know your MOD is WIP and it's amazing , the night light views are well , stunning to say the least .

Pretty sure that's just the Eye Adaption, I thought this myself when looking at Earth from this exact angle - side on to the terminator, obviously you'd want the camera to ajust the aperture to the bright side in this instance but I think it always calculates it based on total screen space brightness so would average between night and dark in this instance.

However I found without the Adaption it's virtually impossible to see the stuff on the dark side of Earth.

Either way it was just my first shot and ks3p configs, and due to these preferences that no doubt differ between users I've left the ks3p configs as an optional extra.

11 minutes ago, Wackoman6789 said:

So this mod looks absolutely amazing and i've seen that it works in 1.6.1, but what are the recommended versions of the 1.6.1 dependencies? Also will there ever be a 32k version for those of us with mid range gpus?

I didn't design this to work in 1.6.1 so it's down to people to figure that one out I'm afraid, I know people here have done it so I guess try with all the latest dependancies and just figure it out via process of elimination, I'm not aware of EVE having problems going back, I have no idea about kopernicus though. I may look into it but I feel it'd be going backwards assuming mods will eventually update to 1.7.3 or above.

And yeah at some point soon I'll downscale the textures for terrain to 32k and put them in a seperate zip with the main DL

I recalled how good scatterer's height wrapping haze effect looked in PQS, sadly I completely forgot ScaledSpace doesn't use the height map to deform the Earth's surface, and Using the Earth Object model is far to low resolution for LEO scatterer, but I found that Scatterer can be tricked into rendering the height wrapping based of the PQS height map by raising the PQS deactivate distance, while keeping the fade in/out range at normal heights.

Problems:

• Scatterer camera far clipping plane issue
  • Scatterer rendering ocean edges from PQS
  • Scatterer no longer supporting godrays for terrain which would've looked absolutely insane

Album https://imgur.com/a/5Fb9KU8

Non-Spherical ScaledSpace model in Tracking center

VwpS3ND.png

Scatterer rendering haze from PQS heightmap, over 2D (or 3D object deformed) ScaledSpace flat surface textures

VhAi2ur.png

I can't begin to imagine how good this would look with the 64k textures if EVE could wrap cube map terrain textures to the surface

Edited by pingopete

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

I recalled how good scatterer's height wrapping haze effect looked in PQS, sadly I completely forgot ScaledSpace doesn't use the height map to deform the Earth's surface, and Using the Earth Object model is far to low resolution for LEO scatterer, but I found that Scatterer can be tricked into rendering the height wrapping based of the PQS height map by raising the PQS deactivate distance, while keeping the fade in/out range at normal heights.

Problems:

• Scatterer camera far clipping plane issue
  • Scatterer rendering ocean edges from PQS
  • Scatterer no longer supporting godrays for terrain which would've looked absolutely insane

Album https://imgur.com/a/5Fb9KU8

Non-Spherical ScaledSpace model in Tracking center

VwpS3ND.png

Scatterer rendering haze from PQS heightmap, over 2D (or 3D object deformed) ScaledSpace flat surface textures

VhAi2ur.png

I can't begin to imagine how good this would look with the 64k textures if EVE could wrap cube map terrain textures to the surface

Regarding the camera far clipping I'm using the previous RSSVE setting to avoid the ground glitches:

@REALSOLARSYSTEM:FOR[RSSVE]:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]
{
    %cam00FarClip = 1251.0
    %cam01NearClip = 1249.0
    %cam01FarClip = 1875000.0
    %camSSDepth = -4
    %camSSFarClip = 100000000
    %camSSNearClip = 9
}

Regarding the support of the GodRays. I think I might be able to recompile a version of scatterer with it enabled if you want

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.