Is it the Kraken or am I missing something?

All,

Built a Matt Lowne-esk Moho rocket from his tutorial, but i do not have the tech tree fully unlocked, so i had to beef up the first stage and asparagus stage for efficiency. For some reason. My staging will never save for some minor changes (de-couple prior to firing the seperatrons for the side boosters etc.), plus the asparagus staging will not transfer fuel! am i doing something wrong. request an overlook on my build please. https://kerbalx.com/0HR9AM/Moho-Voyager

Edited by 0hr-9am

Fuel transfer does not really depend on the craft. To transfer fuel, you need to have a minimum Level 2 R&D facility, and you may need to uncheck the "fuel transfer obeys crossfeed settings" button in your game's Advanced Settings.

17 hours ago, 0hr-9am said:

My staging will never save for some minor changes (de-couple prior to firing the seperatrons for the side boosters etc.),

Is this a case of "Check Yo Stagin'!"? The seperatrons and the corresponding decoupler(s) should be triggered in the same stage. If not, can you explain a bit more what your problems are?

plus the asparagus staging will not transfer fuel!

Do you have the external fuel duct unlocked? Without it you won't have (automatic) fuel transfer, even if your craft doesn't actually use the fuel duct. But for aspargus staging I'd recommend using the fuel duct anyhow, it makes it easier to design and debug the craft.

request an overlook on my build please. https://kerbalx.com/0HR9AM/Moho-Voyager

You craft uses mods, so I cannot have a look at it. I'd suggest to removed the mod parts and re-upload the craft file.

Edited by AHHans
fixed typo

In my limited experience, automatic fuel flow for asparagus staging can be a real beast to set up, because it only works if you DON'T use symmetry when you originally added the tanks and engines.

The fuel duct parts are a reliable means around this problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.