Which are the best players you remember?

Signo

37 minutes ago, soulsource said:

You're probably talking about GoSlash27. I just wanted to mention them too.

Had some really great discussion about maths, back in the days, when I was still more active in the forums.

Slashy! I miss reading his posts. I hope he's fine, wherever he is.

the first one who taught me how to play ksp was Scott Manley, thank you Scott, without your channel i would not make it to Mun. ( But retrospectively, he showed me mainly how to get as much science as possible, and how to build reeeally basic ships. But his ship designs are rather weak, only for beginners)

Then i discovered Matt Lowne, his channel is here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiW7-IEQCTqS9l7223whHZA

and that is completely different level, it is definitely channel for advanced players. I learned so much from him, even after i finished first career. He is very entertaining, funny, but very advanced player who has very clever a functional ship designs. I am always suprised how long and difficult missions he can do with relatively small and under-engineered ships. He is true master and big inspiration for me

Edited by papuchalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My top few, in approximate order of how far my jaw dropped:

1. I was glad to see that a couple of people have Abyssal Lurker, who I think is probably greatest KSP pilot of all time.  You should watch every single one of their (sadly small) catalog of videos.
  2. Joint second place to @pa1983 and @Overfloater for some of the best early heavy-lift SSTOs.  Back in the era of intake spamming and the pre-1.0 souposphere, @pa1983 created some of the first really large SSTOs, and @Overfloater further refined the genre, creating some of the most truly elegant and functional craft of period.  I don't know if any of the former's videos survive, but check out MrOverFloater on YouTube.
  3. @astrobond for creating the first Eve SSTO, and @Stratzenblitz75 for the first fully-reusable Eve mission.
  4. I'd be remiss not to mention Scott Manley, who has given this community so much.  I second @Piper's nomination of his Orange Efficiency mission as a particular highlight.
  5. The second-greatest pilot of all time is probably @Cupcake...—even though they started out only just barely managing to build a rocket and have now gone completely insane.
Edited by cpcallen
Punctuation typo.

The best? Scott Manley.

The best whiskey reviews and unflappable kerbonaut? Matt Lowne.(I’m a HUGE fan)

The most outrageous, hilarious and hours of laughs? The Irish potato, Jacksepticeye 

The craziest contraptions? SW Dennis, Shadowzone, and WackJob

the one who got me into ksp? Matt Lowne. (Once again, I am a huge fan of Matt)

Also, Nassault for his wonderful cinematics. They are truly works of art, and I can’t wait to see what he does with ksp2

On 3/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, wumpus said:

I think his Apollo 11 was far too much work for the views

While that's a true statement :) it was the collaboration video that did me in, if you were thinking a specific video might have "made me quit."  Collaboration Station was a lot of work, but there were also frustrating events behind the scenes while trying to coordinate with everyone, and then despite it being a fully stock saved game I got a lot of hassle over using visual mods like clouds... so I needed a break and that turned into not going back because that's when I found Oxygen Not Included. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2020 at 6:10 AM, Felbourn said:

While that's a true statement :) it was the collaboration video that did me in, if you were thinking a specific video might have "made me quit."  Collaboration Station was a lot of work, but there were also frustrating events behind the scenes while trying to coordinate with everyone, and then despite it being a fully stock saved game I got a lot of hassle over using visual mods like clouds... so I needed a break and that turned into not going back because that's when I found Oxygen Not Included. ;) 

I have been wondering what happened to @Felbourn and this explains everything.

Scott Manley does a lot of infotainment content, not much KSP anymore.

I liked @Felbourn's entertainment and creative play.

In addition to the obligatory nomination of myself...

Whackjob, lord of all that is much larger than necessary, lands on legs built out of girder segments, and is named "Arkingthaad."

My favorite KSP comedy YouTuber for a good while was Nexter a.k.a. Nexter's Lab, unholy architect of the Minigun Minigun Minigun Minigun and the Humdinger Zeppelin (my sides still hurt from laughing at that video).

And the master of dramatic cinematic KSP story videos was Nassault. He remains active on YouTube but seems to have moved on from KSP.

Has Macey Dean, creator of the Spiritwolf series, been mentioned?

Lastly I'll add my adulations to the pile for Stratzenblitz75, and since apparently current active players are valid entries here, I'll mention TheBeardyPenguin and Linx whose interstellar colonization series have me enraptured lately.

Oh and honorable mentions: Scott Manley is the one who inspired me to make ALL of my missions reusable, and I believe the one who originally introduced me to KSP was kurtjmac. Hoo boy, I really should have shelled out the $7 back then >.<

Edited by problemecium
moar

Whackjob used so many struts his PC literally melted, so he has to be included.

All of the Youtubers mentioned previously are excellent.

One of the best designers I can think of is someone who I actually knew on here, zekes. He took stock weaponry and armor to new heights, and also built a couple replicas of ridiculous scale.

However, the individual whose style of play I enjoy the most is Cupcake. Sleek, high performance crafts, awesome cinematics with amazing stunts, and his videos always have top-tier soundtracks. He's been doing it for ages, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.