[1.9] Completely Non-Aggressive Rocketry - V2 Rocket Add-on

DylanSemrau

This mod adds the V2 Rocket to the game, along with the WAC Corporal upper stage used in the US. 

This is meant to be an early game rocket with a small variety of science parts to jump start your space program!

Download:

Github

SpaceDock

Images

Screenshot by @Zorg

imiup4uh.pngAD7eMfE.png

If you have any interest in making RSS/RO configs please PM me.

Join the Discord Server to follow development on this mod and my others!

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by DylanSemrau

Hi there!

I suggest to give a try to BDArmory Modular missiles! Together with your V2 parts you will be able to hit targets hundreds of Kms away!

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/wiki/1.-Building-your-first-Modular-Missile

This is a tutorial for AAM missiles, I would like to a tutorial for Ballistic missiles soon.

17 hours ago, jojo12645 said:

I would like to contribute if possible.

I'm not currently in much need of contributions, with the one exception being RSS/RO configs. So if you already know how to do that feel free to PM me!

13 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi there!

I suggest to give a try to BDArmory Modular missiles! Together with your V2 parts you will be able to hit targets hundreds of Kms away!

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/wiki/1.-Building-your-first-Modular-Missile

This is a tutorial for AAM missiles, I would like to a tutorial for Ballistic missiles soon.

I'll look into it, probably won't happen until later though.

I understand that you need some help on the config files if that means they are not complete then you could try the only liquid fuel and only oxidiser tanks as well as the science and command modules  as shown earlier, if you where to reside some modules for many a second edition of the mod then you could resize the parts but this is my idea.

Just flew a V-2, Heres the results:

The main engine doesnt have radial attachment and the engine has no sound

Also, is it intended that the probe core runs out of eletricity mid-sub-orbital hop?

Spoiler

screenshot857.png

Neat screenie :D (Also finding out how limited a V-2 is the hard way...)

Edited by DriftedCougar
Sadly 2200M/S only V-2 stage Delta-V

On 10/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, DriftedCougar said:

Just flew a V-2, Heres the results:

The main engine doesnt have radial attachment and the engine has no sound

Also, is it intended that the probe core runs out of eletricity mid-sub-orbital hop?

Hide contents

screenshot857.png

Neat screenie :D (Also finding out how limited a V-2 is the hard way...)

So first off, no it’s not supposed to run out of electric charge I’ll have to optimize it. Second, I’m aware that it doesn’t have sound or radial attachment, those will both probably come along with the nodes meant for adding the fins. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks fantastic as per usual, but it seems only the fins and engine have switchable Bumper paint schemes and the Corporal upper stage is untextured. Unrelated, but is the latest download of Provenance Aerospace supposed to only include the second and third stage components and interstage, with no first stage or fins?

EDIT: Also using 1.7.3 in case you need to know.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

On 11/11/2019 at 9:13 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Looks fantastic as per usual, but it seems only the fins and engine have switchable Bumper paint schemes and the Corporal upper stage is untextured. Unrelated, but is the latest download of Provenance Aerospace supposed to only include the second and third stage components and interstage, with no first stage or fins?

EDIT: Also using 1.7.3 in case you need to know.

Huh I haven’t had that happen in 1.7.3, in fact I’ve only had that issue in 1.8...

I’ll look into it.

(Edit: some part config weren’t updated on github, so they don’t have the part switch. Will update tonight.)

And yes provenance currently only has the second and third stage stuff.

Edited by DylanSemrau

I don't open this as an issue or even a PR on Github for a reason.

Suggestion:

Change in
GameData\CNAR\Parts\V2\TitovEngine1.cfg
line 40 from
running_engine
to
Hypergolic-Lower

and in
GameData\CNAR\Parts\V2\CapellaEngine.cfg
line 39 from
running_engine
to
Hypergolic-Vernier

This way the engines have at least any sound when using my fork of RocketSoundEnhancement (which needs RealPlume):
https://github.com/Gordon-Dry/RocketSoundEnhancement/tree/additional-effects

Actually they have no sound at all, because there is no sound defined in your configs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.