[1.9] Completely Non-Aggressive Rocketry - V2 Rocket Add-on

DylanSemrau

On 11/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, Gordon Dry said:

*snip*

Will fix this weekend.

16 hours ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Any chance we could at some point get an A-10 to launch it to orbit? Or maybe wings and a cockpit to make an A-9? 

This is by far the best KSP V-2 I've ever seen

Thanks! I’ll consider it for the future, but for now I’m directing most of my focus towards my other mods.

10 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

Nicely done!!  Just got around to testing this in a new 1.8 career and it flew beautifully!

One thing I noticed though, the probe core has all SAS modes enabled - considering the tech level, that should probably get downgraded to SAS-only (SAS level 0 I think?)

Done. Will update the releases themselves sometime this weekend, but it’s fixed on github.

I've just tried the V2/Corporal on 1.8.1 in Science mode and the sound works well. I did have a problem with the fins sticking on the launch pad, but I cured that by making sure that the fins were well up in the engine. I too agree that this is the best V2 model I've tried to date. Thank you :)

I do have one minor problem though. Is there any way of recovering the science? Am I doing something wrong. I can't find a parachute or transmitter.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, CardinalBiggles57 said:

I do have one minor problem though. Is there any way of recovering the science? Am I doing something wrong. I can't find a parachute or transmitter

I noticed that too.  I've had good results sticking a small antenna from another mod under the experiment (so its hidden between the engine & experiment), but it would be nice to have some way to recover the experiment or a built in working transmitter

Another thing I noticed - when my Capella plus an antenna stuck between the experiment & engine doesn't fly any higher than the A-4 alone - the Capella engine mass is 0.75 tons in the .cfg but according to wikipedia, sustainer engine loaded mass was only 313 kg & empty mass of 67 kg.  Another source (astronautix.com) lists the gross mass of the whole Corporal as 300kg, empty mass of 125kg.   In-game TWR was showing about 0.3 while the actual Corporal is over 2 (2.18 if you go with the 313kg loaded mass)   

Edited by Cavscout74

On 11/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, CardinalBiggles57 said:

I've just tried the V2/Corporal on 1.8.1 in Science mode and the sound works well. I did have a problem with the fins sticking on the launch pad, but I cured that by making sure that the fins were well up in the engine. I too agree that this is the best V2 model I've tried to date. Thank you :)

I do have one minor problem though. Is there any way of recovering the science? Am I doing something wrong. I can't find a parachute or transmitter.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll fix it when I have the chance :)

Hello, I really want to use this mod. Like REALLY bad. But when I insert it into my GameData folder, it does not show up in the tech tree/game at all. Yet when I boot up I can see the assets loading. I'm not new to modding (using not making) so I at least somewhat know what I'm doing. Yet I really want help.

11 hours ago, *LoudFartNoise* said:

Hello, I really want to use this mod. Like REALLY bad. But when I insert it into my GameData folder, it does not show up in the tech tree/game at all. Yet when I boot up I can see the assets loading. I'm not new to modding (using not making) so I at least somewhat know what I'm doing. Yet I really want help.

Could I see your GameData folder?

Also what game version are you playing on?

Edited by DylanSemrau

5 hours ago, *LoudFartNoise* said:

unknown.pngThis is my GameData folder, I am playing on 1.8.1

Yeah so that’s your problem. You want the “CNAR” folder inside of that to be in your GameData, not that folder.

Edited by DylanSemrau

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I must admit that it misleads people if there is no GameData folder inside the archive.

(The release zip contains a .git folder, btw.)

If there would be a folder structure incl. a GameData folder the most people would know where to put what.

Yeah I’m planning on changing it.

(also what in tarnation I thought I fixed that >:0)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm not dead! (Yet!)

I went ahead and added tweakscale support, and fixed the file structure when downloading to make installing easier. It's on GitHub now :)

https://github.com/DylanSemrau/CompletelyNonAggressiveRocketry/releases

Also just to keep y'all updated. My computer is currently borked and getting fixed, so I'm sorry if any sort of progress has been slow, should be back up soon-ish!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ll check to see if this works in 1.9 tonight. Will update anything necessary, will also properly rebalance parts soonish.

Eventually I really want to revamp the parts in this because, although they mostly don’t look bad imo, they could use some changes. Just thought I’d make that clear. If there’s anything you guys don’t like and want to see changed, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.