[1.9] Completely Non-Aggressive Rocketry - V2 Rocket Add-on

DylanSemrau

On 5/24/2020 at 7:54 PM, UnhorsedGoose said:

Module Manager is telling me it's finding an error related to Tweakscale.cfg in GameData/CNAR/Compatibility/Tweakscale.cfg, is this a problem? or should it be fine?

Hi. I did a look, and on a (almost) clean install, I found no problems.

Publish your KSP.log on some file sharing service (as drobox) and link it here, and I will give a look on it for you.

In time, you need to extract the CompletelyNonAggressiveRocketry contents from the zip into GameData (ie, there should be a GameData/CNAR folder on it, not a GameData/CompletelyNonAggressiveRocketry/CNAR ). Some of the troubles I had diagnosed in the past were related to improper installation, so it worths to mention it.

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

In time, you need to extract the CompletelyNonAggressiveRocketry contents from the zip into GameData (ie, there should be a GameData/CNAR folder on it, not a GameData/CompletelyNonAggressiveRocketry/CNAR ). Some of the troubles I had diagnosed in the past were related to improper installation, so it worths to mention it.

I only have GameData/CNAR, I am going to futz around and will post my KSP.log in a bit (Also, you mean the KSP.log in my Kerbal Space Program directory or my Player.log in my appdata/locallow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program directory? Just need a little clarification)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 10:28 PM, Delta dart said:

I did and it doesn't work for 1.9.1 the parts just dont show up

Do you have the CNAR folder inside GameData? Have you tried using Janitor's Closet to check if they're not just cluttered?

• 3 weeks later...

This is a really great mod.  For my personal playthrough, resized it to 0.625 and changed the experiment modules to an antenna (and moved the temp and pressure experiments to the probe body). As you didn't have a manufacturer, took the liberty of the parts being made by Wernher's Kerbindorf Research Facility.

On 8/10/2020 at 7:24 PM, hemeac said:

This is a really great mod.  For my personal playthrough, resized it to 0.625 and changed the experiment modules to an antenna (and moved the temp and pressure experiments to the probe body). As you didn't have a manufacturer, took the liberty of the parts being made by Wernher's Kerbindorf Research Facility.

The experiments still have to come crashing down, right? I can't remember if there's a parachute option :)

9 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

The experiments still have to come crashing down, right? I can't remember if there's a parachute option :)

Adding the antenna removed the need for recovery. Unless I missed something, there isn't a parachute.

But I am not a huge fan of mystery goo as a start experiment so I move that later in the tech tree, and have taken the idea from probes before crew to allow 100 percent science for things like temperature so there's nothing to recover that can't be transferred.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Small fix to avoid MM patch error:

rename CNAR\Parts\V2\Capella Adaptor.cfg

to CNAR\Parts\V2\CapellaAdaptor.cfg (remove white space)

then in CNAR\Compatibility\Tweakscale.cfg edit first line,

change @PART[Capella Adaptor]:NEEDS[TweakScale]

to @PART[CapellaAdaptor]:NEEDS[TweakScale]

btw I'm back - let's see for how long

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Small fix to avoid MM patch error:

rename CNAR\Parts\V2\Capella Adaptor.cfg

to CNAR\Parts\V2\CapellaAdaptor.cfg (remove white space)

then in CNAR\Compatibility\Tweakscale.cfg edit first line,

change @PART[Capella Adaptor]:NEEDS[TweakScale]

to @PART[CapellaAdaptor]:NEEDS[TweakScale]

btw I'm back - let's see for how long

Can confirm.

As most rocket part packs' engines are overpowered by the factor of 2.5x compared to stock needs it's recommended to use a planet pack with at least 2.5x scale - like for example JNSQ with 2.7x scale.

It seems that your rocket parts are made to fit to stock, so it would be great to have a patch to make them fit to other planet packs.

I could go a simple way and use SMURFF but that also fiddles with the engines that are already made fit to ~ 2.5x - so what would be the best approach?

20 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

As most rocket part packs' engines are overpowered by the factor of 2.5x compared to stock needs it's recommended to use a planet pack with at least 2.5x scale - like for example JNSQ with 2.7x scale.

It seems that your rocket parts are made to fit to stock, so it would be great to have a patch to make them fit to other planet packs.

I could go a simple way and use SMURFF but that also fiddles with the engines that are already made fit to ~ 2.5x - so what would be the best approach?

The mod should be balanced to 2.7x scale tho, I went with standard balance like I usually do.

Last time I used it in stock I could get to orbit with it so

36 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Gordon Dry, I think it is balanced compared to the other rockets.  But I agree that it is too overpowered as a "sounding rocket" that I wanted really early in my tech tree.  I found a good balance for myself by manually (don't use tweakscale) rescaling it 50% to get it close to a 0.625 meter profile.  I then set the mass, fuel and engine thrust of the parts to about 25% and found that if it is vertical it can just get into space, but not orbit.

• 3 weeks later...

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/pull/663

This is a support config for CNAR.

The pull request is targeted to Kerbalism 4.x dev but still got the "old" Kerbalism 3.x release syntax.

This means this config actually works correctly on Kerbalism 3.x

The direct link to the file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gordon-Dry/Kerbalism/Add-support-for-CNAR/GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/CNAR.cfg

The end of the url tells you where it has to be placed.

Edited by Gordon Dry
better link with actual content

• 4 weeks later...

Is this balanced towards stock parts or towards the stock system? I see the real Bumper rocket made it into space, but I'm struggling to get mine that high. It has no issues with the second stage missing, but falls short with the second stage on.

Edited by Spike88

On 10/30/2020 at 9:43 PM, Spike88 said:

Is this balanced towards stock parts or towards the stock system? I see the real Bumper rocket made it into space, but I'm struggling to get mine that high. It has no issues with the second stage missing, but falls short with the second stage on.

Problem is, the Corporal (specifically, the engine part) in this mod is too heavy. Like, made out of depleted uranium heavy.

Change it to something like 50kg from the current 0.75t, and you'll be OK. FYI, fully loaded WAC Corporal weighs 313 kg. Fully loaded CNAR Corporal with engine module dry mass set to 50kg weighs around 108kg - which gives it enough oomph to reach upper atmosphere (without Bumper) or 100+ km height (with Bumper) on 2.5x rescale. If you struggle to reach space, I'd recommend building an R-2 instead of Bumper (two Titov-100 tanks instead of one).

Edited by biohazard15

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.