[1.7.3] Knossos

TheGhastModding

PQyptoQ.jpg

Knossos - A moon completely covered in a maze

Knossos is a mod that I created while experimenting with various maze generation algorithms. I ended up successfully mapping a maze to a sphere, and imported the thing into KSP. And now, due to popular request, I'm releasing it for everyone to enjoy.

Download available on GitHub: https://github.com/89Mods/Knossos/releases/tag/1.0

This mod requires Kopernicus to also be installed. You can download Kopernicus here:

Description

This mod adds a new moon into orbit around Kerbin, which is completely covered in a huge maze. The walls of said maze are high and steep enough to prevent most rovers and Kerbals from walking over them. So you'll just have to cheat with rockets instead solve it properly. There is a solution to the maze, as it stops around the poles, which could be considered the "end" of the maze.

The moon itself is half the size of The Mun, but its orbit around Kerbin is behind Minmus', and is also highly inclined and eccentric, making it difficult to get to in the first place.

More screenshots

Spoiler

pLreR5c.jpg

WwjL78Q.jpgUX22GIO.png

License

This mod and its source code is distributed under the MIT License.

Edited by TheGhastModding
Added License information

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

1 hour ago, TheGhastModding said:

Knossos is a mod that I created while experimenting with various maze generation algorithms. I ended up successfully mapping a maze to a sphere, and imported the thing into KSP. And now, due to popular request, I'm releasing it for everyone to enjoy.

That looks great!  Thank you for contributing to the community.  :)

One unfortunately necessary thing, though-- really sorry, but we've had to snip the link (for now), due to missing a couple of spots in the add-on posting rules.  Specifically, you need to do the following:

• Identify the license in the thread OP above (don't need the full text, just a simple statement like "License: <license name>" is sufficient).
  • Include a license text file in your downloadable zip, such that it'll be present in your mod folder after the user installs.  The license text file needs the full text of the license with all the legalese and everything-- not just the name of the license.

We know it's a hassle, and we're really sorry about that-- we hate to stand in the way of bringing a great-looking mod to the folks here.  :(   Alas, it's one of those unfortunate facts of life that mods gotta have licenses.

Anyway, you're free to restore the link as soon as the above two points are taken care of.  We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

16 minutes ago, Snark said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

That looks great!  Thank you for contributing to the community.  :)

One unfortunately necessary thing, though-- really sorry, but we've had to snip the link (for now), due to missing a couple of spots in the add-on posting rules.  Specifically, you need to do the following:

• Identify the license in the thread OP above (don't need the full text, just a simple statement like "License: <license name>" is sufficient).
  • Include a license text file in your downloadable zip, such that it'll be present in your mod folder after the user installs.  The license text file needs the full text of the license with all the legalese and everything-- not just the name of the license.

We know it's a hassle, and we're really sorry about that-- we hate to stand in the way of bringing a great-looking mod to the folks here.  :(   Alas, it's one of those unfortunate facts of life that mods gotta have licenses.

Anyway, you're free to restore the link as soon as the above two points are taken care of.  We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the warning. I've added a License to the download and GitHub repository, and named it in my post. I hope I got things right this time. Please let me know if there's anything else I may want to fix.

2 hours ago, TheGhastModding said:

Thanks for the warning. I've added a License to the download and GitHub repository, and named it in my post. I hope I got things right this time. Please let me know if there's anything else I may want to fix.

Looks great!  :)  Thanks for fixing this, we know it's a hassle and we appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, interesting looking mod.  I'm having an issue with it though as I can't actually get it to load.  This is the first planet pack I've ever had this issue with, but the game loads and kopernicus pops a warning saying their was an exception trying to load the planet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.