Is there a heads-up display for KSP?

I find myself switching back and forth between 'staging view' and 'map view' in order to glide into orbit or change my orbit.  It would be great to have the option of some sort of HUD in order to keep an eye on orbital information and fuel levels all on the same view.  Are there mods that provide that kind of utility?

Have you tried MechJeb or KER?  Both have options for windows that include orbital information.  I personally like the versatility of MechJeb, but it's a bit more complex then KER which definitely seem to be the more popular options these days.

4 hours ago, GungaDin said:

Are there mods that provide that kind of utility?

Yes, several... the two mentioned.. Also VOID (Vessel Orbital Display), NavHUD Extended, as well as BasicOrbit... there are several moar that escape my memory right now.

As for watching fuel/resource levels per stage, there is Alternate Resource Panel, which is an extension/replacement for the stock toolbar fuel/resources button/display.

Edited by Stone Blue

In staging view, you can keep fuel and orbital info on the screen in stock KSP, as long as you are at a current version.

You can pin the "resource app" open by clicking on it.

You can see orbital info by opening the new "Maneuver Mode" info pane in your staging display.

5 hours ago, GungaDin said:

I find myself switching back and forth between 'staging view' and 'map view' in order to glide into orbit or change my orbit.  It would be great to have the option of some sort of HUD in order to keep an eye on orbital information and fuel levels all on the same view.  Are there mods that provide that kind of utility?

It looks like they will also be adding the ability to edit action group while in flight in 1.8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.