Add-on request: Smaller hitchhiker modules

Dante80

Here is a request I have. I would love to have 1 and 2 person habitation parts like the PPD-10 Hitchhiker Storage Container that are sized for 1.25m parts. I currently use the KerbCan 1 person part for this purpose (from Ven), but it doesn't fit the ReStock stockalike look.

Are there any mods around that have those parts? Many thanks.

Edited by Dante80

9 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Is there any reason the Mk1 Crew Cabin won't fit the bill?

It looks like an aircraft part, not a rocket one. Also, has no hatch on the side.

I know that this is a rather niche thing to ask..C:

Just now, Dante80 said:

It looks like an aircraft part, not a rocket one. Also, has no hatch on the side.

I know that this is a rather niche thing to ask..C:

Not at all, I was just curious.  The no hatch thing makes sense.  I'm sure there's at least one out there that will do what you need.

OK - I have the part (making now). Only issue is Restock. will put link shortly - will publish under KGEx. Is just a smaller hitchhikers (think I can do two sizes) - won't have an IVA (well, will leave the existing one).

what to you want to title these? (PPD-10 is the HHSC) Maybe PPD-05 and PPD-01?

PPD-05:

• crew: 2
  • TechRequired:
  • entryCost - 9300
  • cost = 3000?
  • category = Payload
  • mass: 1.875

PPD-01:

• crew: 1
  • TechRequired:
  • entryCost - 4200
  • cost = 500?
  • category = Payload
  • mass: 0.625

@zer0Kerbal, Many, many thanks for taking this on. Yep, PPD-01 and 05 sound very nice. Of course I don't expect an IVA out of this, only something to help with Space Tourism stockalike ships. C:

Here are some suggestions: - do they make sense? 

PPD-01:

• crew: 1
  • TechRequired: Basic Science or General Construction
  • entryCost - 6200
  • cost = 1800
  • category = Payload
  • mass: 0.625
  • Drag 0.2-0.3
    Max. Temp. 1200 K
    Impact Tolerance 6 m/s

Essentially this would make this a conversion of the SC-9001 to house a Kerbal. 

PPD-05:

• crew: 2
  • TechRequired: Space Exploration
  • entryCost - 9300
  • cost = 2900
  • category = Payload
  • mass: 1.675
  • Drag 0.2-0.3
    Max. Temp. 1600 K
    Impact Tolerance 6 m/s

Edited by Dante80

27 minutes ago, Barzon said:

@zer0Kerbal 0.625m seems a tad too small for a crew cabin, perhaps 0.975m or 1.25m would be more appropriate?

It's the mass, not the diameter (at least, that is what it says there). I think that both are supposed to be 1.25m.

Edited by Dante80

excellent points. Below find what am currently working on. Will request you do the testing to make sure I borked nothing while doing this. :) I should have something in the next 24-42 hours.

Gray shading means won't change anything. Yellow means will include patch to change to Payload.

Now is the time to ask for anything extra - you want EC? reasonable requests will be considered.

image.png

Edited by zer0Kerbal

They look pretty good, again many thanks. I think they are going to come handy for some people.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Now is the time to ask for anything extra - you want EC? reasonable requests will be considered.

The only only things I want for them is crew reports (like the original hitchhiker) and a way to make them function as habitats for USI life support.

here you go, feedback is greatly appreciated. (in the linked thread would be kind)

53 minutes ago, Dante80 said:

They look pretty good, again many thanks. I think they are going to come handy for some people.

The only only things I want for them is crew reports (like the original hitchhiker) and a way to make them function as habitats for USI life support.

Thank you. *sheepish grin* I might have gone a little overboard... nine all told instead of one. :o:P:cool:

I don't have much experience with USI, so any guidance would be great - but will also look into that tomorrow.

UPDATE: have attempted to include an USI-LS patch. Updated .zip on github with it. YMMV and probably needs some fine tuning.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

5 hours ago, kerbnub said:

By the way, you can get a hatch on your crew cabins with 

Thanks, installed it. In the editor, the part shows ok in the part selector section, but not when placed. That is weird.

8 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

here you go, feedback is greatly appreciated. (in the linked thread would be kind)

Thank you. *sheepish grin* I might have gone a little overboard... nine all told instead of one. :o:P:cool:

I don't have much experience with USI, so any guidance would be great - but will also look into that tomorrow.

UPDATE: have attempted to include an USI-LS patch. Updated .zip on github with it. YMMV and probably needs some fine tuning.

Many thanks, will reply in the thread you gave me. Cheers. C:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.