IGN Broke down the KSP 2 trailer

GoldForest

Few notes:
The Ringed Gas Giant is called Glumo, and it's ice world moon is called Merble.

Kerbals can change hair styles.

Planets will be tilted and possibly have seasons (Note: I take this as more cosmetic, leaves/grass changing color based on the planet's tilt and position, not actual weather)

Edited by GoldForest

30 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

True, but KSP 2 has little information right now so any info we can get is good.

And by “info” you actually mean “baseless speculation”. And by “good” you mean “mediocre”. 

It's not baseless speculation, they quizzed Nate from Star Theory.

It's true that there's not a whole lot there but every crumb counts. 

I'm less interested in what they called those balls of rock, but it is significant that they've confirmed ravines, rings as other than just cosmetic features, and, indirectly, gas mining. I'm especially curious about the last item as it would imply some pretty neat systems KSP1 doesn't have.

Things they mentioned there also appeared in the trailer as "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY"

Should I mention the 1.2 cinematic trailer? With robotic arm and stuff? Don't mention the BG dlc cuz that's only a coincidence.

It would be super cool to see that rover rolling on the hills and crazy terrain, but only time will tell if that really happens.

18 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Ah that’s good to know. I figured they just wildly speculated off a few pixels like they usually do just to make some click bait. 

Stuff who is quoted is quoted, others are their own comments like calling the 3.5 meter sls apollo and an orion spaceship an station. 

But we got an verification that the transfer stage for the Mun landing used an metalic hydrogen engine and uses its own tank type. 
That the axial tilt of Duna was an mistake but marketing wanted to keep it for effect. 
Its an reason to use rotating habitats

6 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

Is every thread going to turn into whining about metallic hydrogen? It's in, deal with it.

If enough of the community is sufficiently displeased, maybe they'll change their mind. Squad got rid of their atrocious barn KSC because of negative reaction from the community. And if they don't, at least some people will be educated about it, and be able to tell anyone asking whether it's real something like "oh, that one is bad science, Star Theory dropped the ball here, just roll with it". IGN guys, obviously, could use that sort of education. For all it's gameyness, stock KSP1 was never telling outright lies, it merely simplified some complex truths. 

So yeah, I am dealing with it. That's the only way of dealing with it that has a chance of working. 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

If enough of the community is sufficiently displeased, maybe they'll change their mind. Squad got rid of their atrocious barn KSC because of negative reaction from the community. And if they don't, at least some people will be educated about it, and be able to tell anyone asking whether it's real something like "oh, that one is bad science, Star Theory dropped the ball here, just roll with it". IGN guys, obviously, could use that sort of education. For all it's gameyness, stock KSP1 was never telling outright lies, it merely simplified some complex truths. 

So yeah, I am dealing with it. That's the only way of dealing with it that has a chance of working. 

Ok, then make a thread about the problem instead of writing the same thing again and again in every other topic.

When Star Theory people show up on the forum (as in, actually start to post), I will. Despite ST people claiming they read this forum, I don't know how thoroughly they do it. 

27 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

When Star Theory people show up on the forum (as in, actually start to post), I will. Despite ST people claiming they read this forum, I don't know how thoroughly they do it. 

Sounds good to me.

(BTW I have nothing against it if they replace the metallic hydrogen rockets with comparably powerful nuclear ones. It's cosmetic anyway.)

Yeah, but it's a catch-all thread. Singling out an issue in a separate thread makes it more likely to get attention. The more issues you put into a single one, the more likely you are to get dismissed as "yet another whining thread". When you make a dedicated thread, it's easier to focus discussion on a particular issue.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, Dragon01 said:

IGN guys, obviously, could use that sort of education.

Well, publicity is publicity! If IGN doesn't know about this stuff, it doesn't really matter, as I'll bet most of their watchers don't care about metallic hydrogen anyway...

Publicity is all right, but they're spreading lies, and that's what I have an issue with. KSP is great at popularizing science, so I'd actually think many of their watchers will remember that, and cite it as a fact. People do that sort of thing, and this is the way myths come into common consciousness. This should be avoided like a plague, whenever possible.