KSP keeps freezing after loading

So, everytime I start KSP (1.6.1, relatively heavily modded, about 12200 patches) it for one makes my PC run very slow (other programs take very long to respond) after the loading bar filled and secondly it glitches the audio coming from my PC. And it also freezes Windows in most cases between it finishing to fill the loading bar and arriving at the KSC (after loading a savefile). All of my mods were installed with CKAN, and if not, manually installed with the right version. Pictures of my GameData Folder can be found here.

My PC specs are as follow:

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

- GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

- Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H V2-CF

- Installed RAM: 8,00GB

- Harddrive: 2TB HDD

I run my game in DirectX11 because of KS3P and the whole freezing thing. In case of questions (wich will most probably come up as I don't know all the important things for solving my problem) please just ask me :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi @TomVorat,

So, first thing to check is to make sure you're not running out of RAM, especially if you only have 8GB on your machine.  Keep Task Manager open and look at KSP's RAM usage as it loads.  How high does it get?

If the problem were some particular mod, then the symptom you'd expect to see would be KSP having problems, but your computer otherwise being fairly unaffected.  If it slows your computer way down, and causes issues like computer audio, then that's the sort of thing you'd expect to see when you're pushing past your computer's RAM limit and it and it has to start excessively spamming virtual memory.

The fact that you're running a very heavily modded KSP on a machine with only 8GB of RAM just makes that sound even more likely.

So, I'd suggest checking your RAM usage, and if that turns out to be the problem, either run with fewer mods or get more RAM.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.