KSP Loading... 1.8 Preview: Service Bays Revamp

St4rdust

Excellent! It seems that it will fit well with the existing parts. The old one was always a bit awkward. I also appreciate how the doors fold; nice and compact. As stated above, the hollow variant would be much appreciated. 

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Not bad, but the black hole in the top is not a good idea. It looks odd and has no good reason to be there. If it's supposed to be hollow, then make a real hole. ReStock one is better, including not having that issue.

Ooo...nice! Looking forward to seeing it in game :)

12 minutes ago, Barzon said:

nice, but not as good as ReStock. This is your job, put some effort in. If a group of volunteers on the internet can out do you, you're doing something wrong.

Come on, it’s not that bad. I’m sure they’ve put a bunch of effort in.

Besides, this is a matter of opinion. Personally, I prefer the stock art style, so I stick with that. If you prefer Restock, then go ahead. Your game, your choice.

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

The new versions are visually better, no doubt.

But I also like the cool old school look of the older parts. Could it be possible to make them optional somehow?

Can't say for sure, but SOP for Squad has always been to deprecate the old parts by hiding them rather than actually replacing them.

The new parts usually have the same name but with _v2 appended and the category set to something non-existent.

The Stayputnik for example: The old one is still there somewhere as probeCoreSphere with category = none

The new one being name = probeCoreSphere_v2

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

Can't say for sure, but SOP for Squad has always been to deprecate the old parts by hiding them rather than actually replacing them.

The new parts usually have the same name but with _v2 appended and the category set to something non-existent.

The Stayputnik for example: The old one is still there somewhere as probeCoreSphere with category = none

The new one being name = probeCoreSphere_v2

This will be the case for this revamp.

They look nice!

but...

Do they create the same drag as the old versions when open? Cargo bays were a verry good early career airbrake :D

And could you please make them open at least as far as the old ones? The angle looks smaller than before, limiting usability. Better would completely open (eg 180degrees to each other when open)

I also like the ideas to open only one side and have adjustable angles, as well as stackable open variants. The game is really missing round large cargo bays.

8 minutes ago, Kergarin said:

They look nice!

but...

Do they create the same drag as the old versions when open? Cargo bays were a verry good early career airbrake :D

Finally, someone asking the important questions! Also, can you put a command chair in the 1.25m one and land a Kerbal in it with no chutes? :cool:

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

Not bad, but the black hole in the top is not a good idea. It looks odd and has no good reason to be there. If it's supposed to be hollow, then make a real hole. 

Agree. Why is there a black hole in the middle ? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.