Kerbals with fingers?!

Robonoise

I was watching the cinematic trailer (I lost count how many) and noticed at one point one of the kerbals cracked their knuckles. With fingers! In a space suit! Now even in ksp 1 kerbals had fingers (see Gene in upper right corner of 1.7.1-1.7.3 launcher), but I liked the oven mitt like gloves. It kinda looked like the kerbals were getting ready to go skiing. So  this merits several  questions, how will kerbals use their fingers? Will new emotes be released? Will kerbals react more to dangerous situations (If so, I’m building a kerbalcoaster)? What will planting a flag look like? Will we be able to watch Jeb try to eat a sandwich with a helmet on?

4 hours ago, Robonoise said:

I was watching the cinematic trailer (I lost count how many) and noticed at one point one of the kerbals cracked their knuckles. With fingers! In a space suit! Now even in ksp 1 kerbals had fingers (see Gene in upper right corner of 1.7.1-1.7.3 launcher), but I liked the oven mitt like gloves. It kinda looked like the kerbals were getting ready to go skiing. So  this merits several  questions, how will kerbals use their fingers? Will new emotes be released? Will kerbals react more to dangerous situations (If so, I’m building a kerbalcoaster)? What will planting a flag look like? 

New emotes will be released. Mostly terrified kerbals.

Kerbals will sway their heads to G-forces, as well as feel scared.

4 hours ago, Robonoise said:

Will we be able to watch Jeb try to eat a sandwich with a helmet on?

HOW COME I NEVER REALIZE I NEED THIS?

@lajoswinkler in what way was OP wrong? Did you read his post?

He just stated that he noticed fingers, and he even alluded to the fact that kerbals always had fingers. He's just pointing out that the hands are now covered with proper gloves, and not just mitts and would like to know how kerbals will use their fingers. 

What point are you trying to get across?

@Robonoise I think the fingers will just be aesthetic to add some finer details to their animations. 

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

@lajoswinkler in what way was OP wrong? Did you read his post?

He just stated that he noticed fingers, and he even alluded to the fact that kerbals always had fingers. He's just pointing out that the hands are now covered with proper gloves, and not just mitts and would like to know how kerbals will use their fingers. 

What point are you trying to get across?

Indeed, I've misread it. I've seen many new players claim this so there's that.

I still don't understand why the knuckle cracking is problematic.

Why fingers when they don't have nostrils?

P.S.
Except the default avatar Kerbal head which has some two short parallel lines on forehead if make its gamma-correction in a graphics editor.
And a necklace.

e204ac6318.jpeg

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

I still don't understand why the knuckle cracking is problematic.

Nobody said it was problematic. OP was just excitedly pointing out that a Kerbal was cracking his knuckles while wearing gloves.

Now, IRL that might be a bit tough with the size of real spacesuit gloves and their stiffness from being pressurized, but that's not really a detail that concerns me in a game where I can magically make helmets disappear.