Cassini- the grand finale

quite simple- [really?]

THE CHALLENGE

---------------------------------

Replicate the cassini probe and then crash it through a gas giant [the "grand finale", as close to real life as possible. Yes, mod planets are acceptable

mod parts not allowed, obviously no ignore max temp

i dont care how you get it to the gas giant unless you are doing medium or hard

EASY- send a cassini replica crashing through a gas planet

MEDIUM- build a cassini FULL replica meaning the probe and launcher, then launch it , etc, basically replicate full cassini mission

HARD- medium, but cassini has to survive at least 20 seconds, and you have to transmit something like science or what

idk why, if anyone has posted this challenge before [is this even a challenge?] then sorry

well yeah:P

• 3 weeks later...

HARD- medium, but cassini has to survive at least 20 seconds, and you have to transmit something like science or what

so like cassini did it?

Edited by ffx

I hope Real Solar System, Realism Overhaul and a bit of alternate history are allowed.

To clarify, most footage that's in the video was recorded in a sandbox save (beginning to 10:54 mark), but it is based on a mission that I did properly in a RP-0 career save (proofs: https://imgur.com/gallery/fvBWv & https://imgur.com/gallery/8n6Pl0R). I just didn't have PC good enough for recording when I started this mission.

Edited by Scorpu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.