[Kopernicus] Light Intensity Curve Calculator

RJVB09

Light Intensity Curve Calculator

So I made this calculator for people to use, because sometimes making light intensity curves for a star can be quite annoying

Also I want to thank WarriorSabe on discord for helping me with the right values and formulas

Nevertheless here's a download \/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12SLjtGyvh_7D392X49JOwxh_ztegydNy/view?usp=sharing

To fill in your values please make sure to download or copy it to your own drive

Please follow the license guidelines

-Don't share a by-yourself-edited-version, please contact me for permission

more info is found here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Hope it helps!

Edited by RJVB09

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, MCWither_Storm said:

The values don't seem too accurate if I'm being honest. Plugging in the SMA for Sarnus from the Outer Planets Mod, the calculator throws out a value of about 0.33... but if you divide the insolation of Saturn by the insolation of Earth, you get a value of about 0.01... is this right?

That's on purpose, the lightcurve tries to account for exposure adaptation. A value of 0.01 would just be almost black in ksp compared to how a camera or an eye would normally adapt to the environment around Saturn. This doesn't impact solar panel output as lightcurves are purely visual.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, MCWither_Storm said:

Well if it's nearly pitch black out there, That gives me an actual reason to add lights to my ship. 

sure, but i wouldn't call it realistic.

Edited by RJVB09

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 1:33 PM, spacegamer7 said:

arent they non- centered? that makes them harder to see stuff.

They'd have a prominent blind spot for sure, and depth perception would basically not exist at all, but their brains can probably accommodate for that. And seeing how all Kerbals have Exotropia, it's just how their bodies are built. I guess Kerbals could be in the middle of evolution, possibly having recently (last few million years or so) beginning to walk on land, hence their awkward gate and still slightly outward facing eyes. This last sentence is just a guess on my part though.

2 hours ago, MCWither_Storm said:

They'd have a prominent blind spot for sure, and depth perception would basically not exist at all, but their brains can probably accommodate for that. And seeing how all Kerbals have Exotropia, it's just how their bodies are built. I guess Kerbals could be in the middle of evolution, possibly having recently (last few million years or so) beginning to walk on land, hence their awkward gate and still slightly outward facing eyes. This last sentence is just a guess on my part though.

d o  y o u  w a n t   m e  t o  m a k e  a  f u l l y  e v o l u t i o n i z e d  k e r b a l ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.