How to build a Planetary Base?

Ok, most of my questions I could google or found the answer here in the Forum.

I use the Planetary Base Mod, KAS/KIS and so on. 

But how on Kerbin am I able to build a Planetary Base? These parts are too big for most containers. And even then, they're too heavy for a Kerbal to carry around (>1 ton).

Sure I can transport them to e.g. the Mun. But what then? How to attach the parts to each other? I couldn't find a Youtube Video nor an example on google.

So, how have you guys done it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not really willing to trial&error that out until it MAYBE works. That's too time intensive to be honest. It took me almost 3 days to build a space station and that is just in the orbit of Kerbin.

Edited by Duke-49th

Firstly, in the Base Inc mod, there's a 2.5m-PBI bicoupler for transporting your parts to wherever. Secondly, you need to add the Base Inc docking ports to the end of your modules. Then you need to add their decouple-able rover wheels to the base, preferably on the side of some of their side-mounted landing legs.

After landing your base modules on the Mun, you need to do some surface docking. Basically, you should drive around until your base module's port is pointing straight towards the other one. Mods like Navball Docking Port Alignment Indicator are useful for this. then you just need to accelerate towards the module, keeping on the right heading. Then you should be docked.

If you are not docked, try retracting certain legs to make sure that they are all at the same height and at the same angle. The best place to build bases is the Minmus flats, because it's very flat and easy to dock things on.

24 minutes ago, Duke-49th said:

But how on Kerbin am I able to build a Planetary Base? These parts are too big for most containers. And even then, they're too heavy for a Kerbal to carry around (>1 ton).

Sure I can transport them to e.g. the Mun. But what then? How to attach the parts to each other? I couldn't find a Youtube Video nor an example on google.

You have three options. Surface docking as fulgur mentioned, use more Kerbals or use PAL helpers from Roverdude's USI Konstruction mod. The parts in this mod adds various amounts to the KAS weight limit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.