The Stock Space Race

I’ve realized many people on this forum have space races, but they all seem to require mods. Now I have a computer that can’t really take on more than BD armory. So I decided to set up a full blown stock space race for people like me who can’t or don’t want to install mods for ksp. Up to 7 competitors will be allowed. Each one will take on an organization for the current space race of Mars, but in this case Duna! The competition will begin on November 9 (Saturday) All competitors will use the science mode gameplay. First one to set up 3 five module settlements will win.

Competitors:

KASA: (kspnerd122) (FINISHED)The United States of Kermerica’s national space program, they are widely known for landing Neil Kerman and Buzz Kerman on the Mun in 1969.

SpaceK: (baybrawler) Run by economist and billionaire Elon Kerman, SpaceK is known for being regarded as the most successful privately owned space program.

Green Origen: (Robonoise) Another privately owned space program, Green Origen focuses on space tourism, and is run by billionaire Jeff Kerman.

Duna One: (raptus)(FINISHED) Duna One is an operation based in Kolland that wants to kolonize Duna. 

KESA: (Jeb head mug Kerman) The KESA is a space program run by the continent Kerope, and helped boost the progress of the Kerbin Space Station.

Roskosmos/Kussian Space agency: (Fraus) The Kussian Space Agency, popularly called Roskosmos is known for their Stayputnik, the first artificial Kerbin satellite.

Khisese National Space Administration: (fuzzyhead) The Kainese National Space  Administration is known for their invention of fireworks, which later became rockets, and are now planning on making a space station in orbit of Kerbin.

Kindian Space Research Organization:(splatn’t) The KSRO is known for being among the best space programs on Kerbin. They have in the past run several Khandrain missions and have several Duna Orbiters.

Edit: Just wanted to add that all companies that were listed above are based off of real life space programs. NASA, SpaceX, Blue Origen, Mars 1, eESA, Roscosmos, Indian Space Research Organization and Chinese National Space Administration. 

Rules: 

•All competitors must use science mode.(default settings)
•No mods are allowed with the exception of ONLY visual mods (no expansions either).
•No cheat menu
•You can use replicas of actual ships, but try to get creative.
•Be ready to submit pictures
•Good luck

Leaderboard:

1. Kspnerd122 (year 1, day 200)

2. Raptus (year 2, day 9)

Edited by Robonoise

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

ill join as KASA lets get this party started

I dont have a flag yet can I just be the stock Nasa flag please

Good to hear it! Yes you can use the stock NASA flag if you like. 

P.S: I’ll take Green Origen and have a flag soon. 

Edited by Robonoise

On 10/7/2019 at 11:59 PM, Robonoise said:

I’ve realized many people on this forum have space races, but they all seem to require mods. Now I have a computer that can’t really take on more than BD armory. So I decided to set up a full blown stock space race for people like me who can’t or don’t want to install mods for ksp. Up to 7 competitors will be allowed. Each one will take on an organization for the current space race of Mars, but in this case Duna! When at least 4 spaces are filled we will wait another week before starting the race. All competitors will use the science mode gameplay. First one to set up 3 five module settlements will win.

Competitors:

KASA: (taken) The United States of Kermerica’s national space program, they are widely known for landing Neil Kerman and Buzz Kerman on the Mun in 1969.

SpaceK: (not taken) Run by economist and billionaire Elon Kerman, SpaceK is known for being regarded as the most successful privately owned space program.

Green Origen: (taken) Another privately owned space program, Green Origen focuses on space tourism, and is run by billionaire Jeff Kerman.

Duna One: (taken) Duna One is an operation based in Kolland that wants to kolonize Duna. 

KESA: (taken) The KESA is a space program run by the continent Kerope, and helped boost the progress of the Kerbin Space Station.

Roskosmos/Kussian Space agency: (not taken) The Kussian Space Agency, popularly called Roskosmos is known for their Stayputnik, the first artificial Kerbin satellite.

Khisese National Space Administration: (not taken) The Kainese National Space  Administration is known for their invention of fireworks, which later became rockets, and are now planning on making a space station in orbit of Kerbin.

Edit: Just wanted to add that all companies that were listed above are based off of real life space programs. NASA, SpaceX, Blue Origen, Mars 1, eESA, Roscosmos, and Chinese National Space Administration. 

Rules: 

•All competitors must use science mode.
•IMPORTANT! If you are using a rocket that will leave Kerbin’s orbit, you must calculate the launch date as 6 times the mass of the part leaving orbit (this is the way of calculating launch date that the Duna Outpost Mission Architecture Challenge uses, make sure to check it out!).
•No mods are allowed(no expansions either).
•No cheat menu
•You can use replicas of actual ships, but try to get creative.
•Be ready to submit pictures
•Good luck.
•If you want to compete, let me know in the comments below and submit your space program name( choose one from above) and flag (custom).

Good luck everyone. I will try to update standings and competitors often and I hope this one takes off well (unlike my other challenges). Happy crashing!

edited positons also when will this start

6 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

are making history and breaking ground allowed?

No, along with mods that affect game play (with the exception of FAR, that would increase difficulty though) as stated by rule 3.

6 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

also the launch date rule is sorta random can I just use any launch date please

Sure. I’ll update the rules.

1 hour ago, kspnerd122 said:

do we send screenshots

Yes. Please do.

28 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

btw I am only able to play on weekends.:/

Got it. Just let us know when you finish and the time that the KSC clock says when you finish. Good luck!

I'll be pitching in to take the position of the Kussian Space Agency, for the glory of Mother Kussia.

I'll be using this flag this someone has uploaded onto curse forge  2vt9the.png

Edited by Fraus

I might try it out if you allow visual mods/KER.

I might just do something similar for fun and post it here because I can.

Just now, NotConor said:

I might try it out if you allow visual mods/KER.

I might just do something similar for fun and post it here because I can.

If I do I'll probably go SpaceK or Roskosmos. Probably only go Roskosmos if only do it for fun. Also won't be able to be in by deadline probably so it'll most likely end up just being for fun.

I`d like to participate as the Khinese National Space Administration. I really know very little about their design and am looking forward o do some replicating.

What will the settings for science mode be?

And can someone explain how to post screenshots here, haven't gotten it yet somehow.

you put in screenshots by copying and pasting image heres a random one

Image result for ksp

4 hours ago, FuzzyHead said:

And can someone explain how to post screenshots here, haven't gotten it yet somehow.

the settings will be default settings

also robonoise please make us build a space station as part of the goal.

also what do you mean by settlements and can one be a space station

7 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

btw is this based on ksc time or days elapsed since challenge start

KSC time. Sorry if I made that a little unclear.

Yes a space station counts as a settlement, no I don’t think it should be required though. By settlement I mean a base with Kerbals on it.

5 hours ago, FuzzyHead said:

I`d like to participate as the Khinese National Space Administration. I really know very little about their design and am looking forward o do some replicating.

What will the settings for science mode be?

5 hours ago, splatn't™ said:

I'll take Khinese Space Agency to make some wack rockets.

Since there are 2 people who want to compete, but only 1 slot left, I’ll make a new slot for Kindian Space Research Organization.

Edited by Robonoise

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.