The Stock Space Race

umm im launching my duna station it has a science module power and comms and crew quarters does it count as a settlment when it has a pilot and 2 scientists

also im asembling it during an EVA because i dont have RCS yet.

JPEG image of ship on the pad, station is at the top inside fairing

MXe6csrkknJukLq4XdPhWnoRaSJGc3GTVjqQsAQItzyqx0d7gqFfEem3w8yWbETH009dPkJc2pBrzK7EBILI4TxCmMyL1YCFJuBQOCBzrVrmydrWde30e7W7l2ov2flymyXvXpFI

awesome im launching my bases during this transfer window also i skipped mun landing

6 hours ago, Robonoise said:

My Green Origin Progress: The flag:

lkLnJGDd-X4TED3v1GxWgaitNQ6ULBNKjA-UHFI_xpc6-yTn4Rz0_A_ST6qUY1VvnMqr34aCj415lf0MYGaoggyWgK6G6g90cqg0KJlfC2KDHmXtw7YMGYBjbPYiK_ASOI4oLfyZ

Launches(greatest pics):

935Ar12ccLgC6Hs-TexcV922Cb4tjx-MGNyJcBLu2PEIIfzEV5RvkycyMJV0mQCTJKle_IYmNdUllRwRzOTUsr90MSQnRBp2M9Yup-PfufvkP7RzwYM_DJcpbkpOOzUE7a3xX40J

Xnvg5lXGrw0F_a4B8_qPB1uHXYZFwQ6MG_c0y7uaSuzt9N5UKRPVirLduDwMsNE5_FQax6IqxduciiahIwZYIqjjjogfQMgHjR50mzQhJMyjMdqiKQLkOkmjNyEQbFDeY5t2mWWL

wbnxPJ0ji41PzbrS36zmxqcpSbauc6QzQqd74FcTwk-3vrexpBBjRbST30bCQkOonxNpCVJpyoEl3zkXY1C58M4z6_vjSZfHPe7idWU6YHVD18BucIy1dQ7hoHut-juCg38Osh1W

_8MrQ4Y6Z5HtTsGo6pUk2jE54RPNYFJbcYE6kM-bRRwlJULntvOjCYIqQF0DTmY5JoXiJEha8rys-Ufi46_7pnTvtCs0FrdbqrzrKtjcsJDnf5UqT28oUtvDHYZty7TepVzU9Pxf

4GwAEXZoou4_h7pAqR2BYB38H0AVk6cU1daHqTecVHmpfnElm-UMPpHLEQiFs_ElhkFJ1nn9TzJ-1pNu49eEKX6lNkSmktrkjapLJoaj5W4oEgef9dYqYUWHJhgC6q9UXrGPgnwJ

o129dC6nYo_b4lXp-YVclQHzFKwtQWWpUKmWN5TMJmxyuHjLQV3mDWeKgyb3sT1iUmcFAebYLSa9yKvfNYPHK381BGUYta5LD1SVSDKbXJuugGLu6PxHHKJuwBS2vzQERgGtBdXi

So far I managed to land on Minmus, the Mun, land my first settlement, launch a heliocentric probe, and get a Duna probe fly by. 

My album.

also by ur definitions that isnt a settlment

it needs to have MODULES

which you just have a tiny lander also if that qualifies as a base I just have to land on duna with 3 kerbals and its a settlment

also im going to reboot the challenge to colonize the jool system with the same rules(with slight modifications) as this challenge thanks robonoise for making this

10 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

umm im launching my duna station it has a science module power and comms and crew quarters does it count as a settlment when it has a pilot and 2 scientists

also im asembling it during an EVA because i dont have RCS yet.

JPEG image of ship on the pad, station is at the top inside fairing

MXe6csrkknJukLq4XdPhWnoRaSJGc3GTVjqQsAQItzyqx0d7gqFfEem3w8yWbETH009dPkJc2pBrzK7EBILI4TxCmMyL1YCFJuBQOCBzrVrmydrWde30e7W7l2ov2flymyXvXpFI

Yes since it is made up of different modules.

3 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

awesome im launching my bases during this transfer window also i skipped mun landing

also by ur definitions that isnt a settlment

it needs to have MODULES

which you just have a tiny lander also if that qualifies as a base I just have to land on duna with 3 kerbals and its a settlment

also im going to reboot the challenge to colonize the jool system with the same rules(with slight modifications) as this challenge thanks robonoise for making this

That was the first module. I plan to send more along soon. Looking forward to seeing how the reboot goes.

Edited by Robonoise

Hi All!

The Khisese National Space Agency has also launched its first fireworks! I will post some pics soon.

One more clarification about the rules. Time to build the colonies is measured in Kerbin time, right? So the person that builds 3 Settlements in the shortest in-game time wins? Because that would make much more sense than measuring in earth days.

6 hours ago, FuzzyHead said:

Hi All!

The Khisese National Space Agency has also launched its first fireworks! I will post some pics soon.

One more clarification about the rules. Time to build the colonies is measured in Kerbin time, right? So the person that builds 3 Settlements in the shortest in-game time wins? Because that would make much more sense than measuring in earth days.

Great to hear things are coming along! Yes we will use kerbin time rather than Earth days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 BEGIN EYES ONLY TRANSMISSION - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DUNA ONE - Visual Mission Chronicles

MasnGd

DUNA ONE - Prototype Blueprint

X7Mw20

- - - - - - - - - - - - END TRANSMISSION - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
 BEGIN EYES ONLY TRANSMISSION - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Duna One Mission Status: Success

Date of Primary Mission Completion: 2Y09D

Settlement One: Duna Dawn Basecamp

X7rNv6

Settlement Two: Duna Bloom Station

kOsbMN

Settlement Three: Ike Basecamp

MgzUT3

- - - - - - - - - - END TRANSMISSION - - - - - - - -

13 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

im done too my ksc time is year 1 day 200

On 12/2/2019 at 11:56 PM, Raptus said:

- - - - - - - - - -
 BEGIN EYES ONLY TRANSMISSION - - - - - - - -

Duna One Mission Status: Success

Date of Primary Mission Completion: 2Y09D

Settlement One: Duna Dawn Basecamp

X7rNv6

Settlement Two: Duna Bloom Station

kOsbMN

Settlement Three: Ike Basecamp

MgzUT3

- - - - - - - - - - END TRANSMISSION - - - - - - - -

Congratulations to you both! I had a few delays in real life so I wasn’t able to play for a while, but so far I have 2 settlements coming along with 2 modules each. The Duna Orbital City Koloney (D.O.C.K.) and Dunares Koloney. I haven’t done well in the way of time, coming out a horrible year 5 day 21, mostly because I did an Eve science mission, then realized that the signal wasn’t strong enough to reach Kerbin to transmit science, and by that time I had run too many missions while waiting for a transfer. Also, the game broke by making the gravity 3 times the normal gravity, so I had to sort that out and even then there was a science stall because I didn’t structure my tech tree well. Anyways, I’ll likely get a low place but I’ll finish strong! Again congratulations to @kspnerd122 and @Raptus for finishing with great scores! The competition will end as soon as the rest of us finish.

7 hours ago, Fraus said:

Apologies for such a delay i’ve been busy with work and redesigning crafts for different saves so it’s gonna be a little while before I get around to finishing up :P 

That’s OK! I too have been a while and need to finish soon. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.