How did you find out about KSP?

Lokachop

My son asked for Rodina, and while I was searching about it, google gave me a video from ToxicTotal Time Waste (super colonization).

At that time, I was still playing Orbiter, and got interested on how KSP can be interesting as a sandboxing game - beautifully failing is way more entertaining and fun, and since I'm kind of an anarchist :P KSP fitted better.

It was almost two years before  I got time to play with it, however. I was working as crazy at that time...

Got an reference and link in an Norwegian gaming site forums. 
Downloaded the demo and tested it at work, bought game then I came home.
The demo is an idiotic underappreciated promotion tool. 
And see is as the most obvious use for something like google stadia, as huge games like GTA 5 might be hard to make an demo of but an limited stadia or PS GO version is easy and give you an good feel of gameplay.
All of the games I played long term has had demos. 

Back in the 0.18 days, I used to be a big fan/player of Orbiter, and had heard a bunch of talk about KSP through the Orbiter forums.  I decided to check it out and downloaded the game, but didn't really give it much of an actual try and it sat unused on my laptop.  Around the time 0.23 came out, I decided to jump into it again and started actually playing it, and quickly became hooked on it.  One of my earliest memories of KSP is getting my craft into "orbit", only to discover that both my apoapsis and my periapsis was just below 70km, and so I hadn't actually technically made it into space.  I think I was trying to get an experiment to work and was completely confused why it kept saying I was in Kerbin's upper atmosphere.

Long story:

I found out about universe sandbox 2 from a science magazine, then some googleing on YouTube connected me to Anton Petrov's channel, which also did some ksp videos, but I didn't watch them. Then I found ZeRoyalViking where I watched my first ksp video, after that I found Scott Manley and Matt Lonwe, which is when I got obsessed with ksp.

I had Markiplier on autoplay while I was doing something else.  All I heard was Space Program and I stopped doing everything else.  I unfortunately didn't get it till a year or so later, bit its one of the only games I routinely come back to every week or so.

First time i saw it, was through an early trailer or teaser of the game back in 2013, so i didn't give it much attention as i dismissed it for some reason, second was when i started playing Jundroo's SimpleRockets 1 on my old Ipod, i saw it in the recommended list IIRC, It looked familiar to me, and i installed the demo of it on my crappy laptop and after a while i forgot it even existed on my Craptop, and then, one day in 2015, I Was scrolling through my YouTube feed, And I used to watch a lot of Jackesepticeye game-play videos, and then i saw his first KSP episode, i watched it, and i really fell in love with the game, and a few months later i discovered steam gift cards existed as i also had no Credit or Debit card to buy any online stuff on my own, and i immediately hurried to my closest game-stop rip-off store to find one, and as soon as i got back, i bought the game and installed it, was kinda disappointed that i had 10 fps at first, but the amount of enjoyment and fun i got made me forget about that.

Now, i couldn't be more happier with my new system and KSP's 2 announcement. :D

Edited by KSPFanatic102

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.