[1.7.3/1.8.1] Extrasolar v1.9.2 [24/01/2020]

Andi K.

23 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Thanks dude, but Im having a brain malfunction and Im not sure what you mean, do you mean that 

Prox.Cen. -> Kerbol   =   ( Valentine -> Kerbol ) *400

Or that 

Prox.Cen. -> Kerbol   =   400 Kerbal AU

?

If its the first one.....holy cow, has anyone ever made it there? Thats a lot of map zooming...

Sorry that wasn't clear lol. First one. Yeah Proxima Centauri is far... You can change how the stellar distances are scaled in the REX setting file though. That's just the default value.

15 minutes ago, AndrewDraws said:

Sorry that wasn't clear lol. First one. Yeah Proxima Centauri is far... You can change how the stellar distances are scaled in the REX setting file though. That's just the default value.

Thanks man.

Hoo boy, thats far...I was thinking I dont know how Im going to get as far as Valentine... :o

But I wouldnt have it any other way :wink:

2 hours ago, Syczek said:

Kopernicus updated,waiting for urs glorious mod to be updated so it will honor my game with its presence

Should work with 1.8.1 without having to be updated, but it won't have the fancy new terrain shaders. Don't worry, I'll get to it :P 

• 2 weeks later...

I keep having issues with this crashing my game, but the odd thing is, it'll work every other time.

and I need to uninstall and reinstall between attempts.

I'm trying to ask though, is this meant to work with 1.8.*?

Edited by Fergrim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@AndrewDraws

Do you have individual screen shots of every bodies added by the mod with visuals?

Because I'm going to make a drawing of this system but I'm not confident that my computer can run the visuals.

It's fine if you don't want to share or don't have those screenshots, then I will do the screenshoting myself.

Edit: I'll just use photos from the kopernicius wiki as a reference and make my own teeko screenshot for now.

But a clearer shot of teeko with its size mentioned would be nice.

Edit2: Digged through the files to find Teeko's size, and the screenshot on this thread is enough.

Edited by Space Nerd

Please help.

The planet is visible from the map, but not in spacecraft view.

I followed all steps accordingly, and yet I still get bugged planets.

11cfe731074be0a584ceff4af9d8993f.png60576ed80616a9621fb7adc1d40907eb.png

I downloaded 1.9.2 HOTFIX, which is for 1.7.3. I also downloaded Kopernicus for 1.7.3, I didn't think I would be running into issues but I am.

I noticed the file size is slightly less in the HOTFIX version, am I missing something?

Edited by Enchiladus
more details

How goes compatibility with mods such as MKS, Interstellar and USI Life Support, for the resource maps. Et Al? When I land on the planets will there be resources? If not I'd be happy to take a look into learning how to apply the necessary work in to make it happen.   

On 3/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, Enchiladus said:

Please help.

The planet is visible from the map, but not in spacecraft view.

I followed all steps accordingly, and yet I still get bugged planets.

11cfe731074be0a584ceff4af9d8993f.png60576ed80616a9621fb7adc1d40907eb.png

I downloaded 1.9.2 HOTFIX, which is for 1.7.3. I also downloaded Kopernicus for 1.7.3, I didn't think I would be running into issues but I am.

I noticed the file size is slightly less in the HOTFIX version, am I missing something?

Please post your KSP.log and a screenshot of your GameData folder.

4 hours ago, oliver_curtis said:

How goes compatibility with mods such as MKS, Interstellar and USI Life Support, for the resource maps. Et Al? When I land on the planets will there be resources? If not I'd be happy to take a look into learning how to apply the necessary work in to make it happen.   

Extrasolar is compatible with the Community Resource Pack, so mods that require that mod, such as the mods you mentioned, should work well with Extrasolar. Each planet should have proper resource distributions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I know I've kind of neglected Extrasolar for a long time, instead putting most of my time into Real Exoplanets, and I apologize for that. Recently I've been feeling a bit more motivated to update Extrasolar, and I'll make sure to look through the issues people have been having and see if it's a problem on Extrasolar's end. There are some things I have planned for Extrasolar ,so stay tuned.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, AndrewDraws said:

Please post your KSP.log and a screenshot of your GameData folder.

Extrasolar is compatible with the Community Resource Pack, so mods that require that mod, such as the mods you mentioned, should work well with Extrasolar. Each planet should have proper resource distributions.

Sure thing, here you go.

https://justpaste.it/5f8v0

That justpaste link above is the log, it was a pain to upload.256ede22dfa4f186fdfab3a87ca90222.png

Here is the folder, that's everything.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply, things are crazy over here.

On 4/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, Enchiladus said:

Sure thing, here you go.

https://justpaste.it/5f8v0

That justpaste link above is the log, it was a pain to upload.256ede22dfa4f186fdfab3a87ca90222.png

Here is the folder, that's everything.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply, things are crazy over here.

Hey no worries. Thanks for sending over your logs and such. I think the issue is Astronomer's Visual Pack. Extrasolar is not compatible with this mod, though I do plan on changing that in the future. Instead, you can use Stock Visual Enhancements which is compatible. Please let me know if that helps you.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, sacredbacon said:

Any chance at compatibility with other Kerbol system replacements, namely Beyond Home? When I install Extrasolar it seems to override Beyond Home's sunflares and eve clouds.

This is most definitely something I will be working on. Currently the only system replacer that Extrasolar works with is After Kerbin, but increased compatibility is something I really want to work on whenever I finally update this mod lol.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.