[1.7.3/1.8.1] Extrasolar v1.9.2 [24/01/2020]

Andi K.

33 minutes ago, Bob’sCousin said:

Nope never got it to work, even tried messing with the code. In the files I can see that the sun flare is in there but it just won’t load. It’s really weird 

Are you using any other planet mods? OPM works fine, but idk about Galaxies Unbound and stuff. What version of Kopernicus are you running?

30 minutes ago, Merlin1809 said:

Are you using any other planet mods? OPM works fine, but idk about Galaxies Unbound and stuff. What version of Kopernicus are you running?

I have GU but that was happening before I got it I could try updating Kopernicus continued because I think it was the first update by the new person running it so it might be a bug. I’ll do that ASAP and let u know what happens. I checked it out and I am running kopernicus for 1.8.1 while playing on 1.9.1 that could be a issue

Edited by Bob’sCousin
Had to add information

34 minutes ago, Bob’sCousin said:

I have GU but that was happening before I got it I could try updating Kopernicus continued because I think it was the first update by the new person running it so it might be a bug. I’ll do that ASAP and let u know what happens. I checked it out and I am running kopernicus for 1.8.1 while playing on 1.9.1 that could be a issue

Why aren't you running 1.10.1? Kopernicus for 1.9.1 and 1.10.1: https://github.com/R-T-B/kopernicus/releases

13 minutes ago, Bob’sCousin said:

I have a lot of older mods I think a couple from 1.2 and I guess I’m kind of worried that the mods would be broken in 1.10

Well if you're running 1.9.1 just fine, these mods should work on 1.10.1 too. There aren't many differences for modding from 1.9.1 to 1.10.1 I think (maybe there are none because every 1.9.1 mod I have also works in 1.10.1) . Maybe before loading your main save, create a quick sandbox and check if everything is working if you're worried.

Edited by Merlin1809

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 12:39 PM, Bob’sCousin said:

I am running kopernicus for 1.8.1 while playing on 1.9.1 that could be a issue

Kopernicus is absolutely incompatible with any version of KSP that isn't equivalent to its own. e.g., you need Kopernicus v1.8.1 if you're playing on KSP 1.8.1, Kopernicus Continued 1.9.1 if you're playing on KSP 1.9.1, etc.

Since you're playing on KSP 1.9.1, here's a link to Kopernicus Continued.

If you want to update to KSP 1.10.1, use the latest dev release of Kopernicus BE build 1101. (Note that you will need to update it frequently, either manually or through CKAN.)

Both mods are available on CKAN.

Edited by Maple Kerman

• 1 month later...

I tried flying a plane around on a lot of these bodies, and had a little too much fun!

And as you can see in the video, Javine is notably not purple in 1.9 and up. Guessing the new Kopernicus isn't perfect

• 2 months later...

glad to see this still works; I remember long ago having trouble with the planets' biome maps though, has that been addressed?  are there resources to harvest and biomes and.. land masses that look the same on the ground as from orbit?  weird question I know, but that's apparently a problem that can be created with kopernicus planet packs...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem with Extrasolar. I love the mod, but for some reason, when using Galaxies Unbound Stellar Odyssey, Extrasolar breaks the sun flares in the Kerbolar system. I don't want to have to remove the Valentine system from my game, but at this point I am debating doing so or not because of this issue. Apparently the devs have tried to fix this for a while now, but to no avail nothing gets fixed. They say it is on your end @AndrewDraws, and I just want to get this figured out. If you want to get this figured out and help me out, please contact me via Discord, I am "Bendy Snowball#3661"

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help with this issue

33 minutes ago, Bendy Snowball said:

I have a problem with Extrasolar. I love the mod, but for some reason, when using Galaxies Unbound Stellar Odyssey, Extrasolar breaks the sun flares in the Kerbolar system. I don't want to have to remove the Valentine system from my game, but at this point I am debating doing so or not because of this issue. Apparently the devs have tried to fix this for a while now, but to no avail nothing gets fixed. They say it is on your end @AndrewDraws, and I just want to get this figured out. If you want to get this figured out and help me out, please contact me via Discord, I am "Bendy Snowball#3661"

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help with this issue

Just to let you know, its fixed. You need to delete two of the patch files, the last two. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Andy, I really enjoyed this mod.  I am real sorry to see that the RSS version doesn't appear to be working in 1.12, and to then subsequently see its forum locked.  I assume therefore that you are through with the experience.
I just wanted to say, that as disappointed as I may be at this moment, your mod brought me a great deal of joy.  Thank you for having made one of my all time favorite mods, for my all time favorite game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some reason the game shows a black screen and spams null reference in the log with this installed. i narrowed it down to Kuprus as the game loads with the rest of the system. im on 1.12.2 on Linux.

Also there is some general buggyness like on Mir the terrain goes bellow sea level which causes the ship to explode like on a gas giant. And on Solyth landing gear constantly jumps around. if i turn the spring to 0 it still vibrates rapidly if i try to drive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, PrymusElMadol said:

What does Teeko look like and it's biome map?

a boring grey rock extremly far away, also its radius is ~70km, its really quite small

On 10/9/2022 at 9:31 PM, Superluminal Gremlin said:

Does this even work in 1.12

Spacedock says 1.7 and im unsure :/

i tried to have in on my save and while it did sorta work fine, some of the scatterer atmosphere colors were broken and also when i scrolled into the system one time my game crashed, might've been my computer's fault though, it has been having unexplainable memory/graphic driver issues that i am trying to solve. i now might just need to find a different interstellar star mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.